In Cuphead’s cleverly named DLC, the Delicious Last Course, players go against new bosses and corresponding adventures. Glumstone the Giant, is a boss on the east side of the island. You can easily find him as he sticks out his feet on either side of the peaks. Fighting him is going to be a little tricky though. As you have to go against him in three stages. However, you can always use this guide to fight him and come out as the winner. This is your Cuphead: Delicious Last Course guide on how to beat Glumstone the Giant.
Cuphead: Delicious Last Course – How To Beat Glumstone The Giant
Just like with a lot of other boss fights in this DLC, the fight is of three phases. This means that you will have to fight Glumstone the Giant in three different ways before you win. Don’t worry though as each phase is not very different from the other. The first phase is when he is in his beard form. The second is against his hands and the third is in his stomach.
During the first phase, you will be on the left and Glumstone will be on the right of the screen. His beard will cover the ground and look like snow. In this phase, you must pay attention to Glumstone’s position as his mouth is left open and there are little gnomes that will attack you from the inside and out. Here is how you can defeat him in this phase:
- First, you will need to handle the gnomes that are outside. You will be on top of wooden pillars that will keep on going up and down. While the green ones attack you with a hammer, the blue ones will attack you with gold nuggets.
- Keep close to Glumstone’s mouth to keep the blue gnomes out of your way. And watch out for where the green ones go. They are sure to come after you, wherever you go. And so, you must be able to move to the other side of the pillar before they swing their hammers at you.
- Apart from this, you must also watch out for the pink and purple clouds emitting from Glumstone’s mouth. Hit the pink ones and dodge the purple ones if you want to stay alive.
- Once you start to get to him, Glumstone will unleash a bear on the scene. You can avoid this by simply staying to the rightmost pillar on the screen. If you’re really unlucky then, he may also unleash some flying geese as well. Quickly get off the pillar and fight from ground level to stay safe when this happens.
- During this phase, Glumstone’s beard will come off and he will move to the back of the stage. Here, he will start to come after the players by using two puppets on either side of the stage. This attack is going to be of two parts. First and mainly, the puppets will throw one ball at you. Think of this like a game of dodgeball as you try to get away.
- The second and simultaneous attack is when gnomes pop up from the ground and somersault back into the ground. As you run back and forth, you will have to check where the gnomes or ball is going to come after you at the same time. Keep shooting at the hands to get out of this stage as soon as possible.
Once you get past the hand puppets, you will finally come to the third and final phase. this will take part in Glumstone’s stomach. Here, you will have to stand on top of snake-like pillars as you take on the sphincter throwing food and bones from above. As well as fight against the birds coming after you from either side.
Here, you must keep atop the pillars to prevent falling into the stomach acid below. You will have to jump from platform to platform as they eat the food and bones falling from above. Sometimes, you will find that the pillars open their mouths to ring a bell. You can easily combat this by shooting at the ringing pillar.
The other thing to watch out for is the birds that will come after you from either side of the stage. Simply jump over them as they cannot be shot down. With enough damage, you too will defeat Glumstone the Giant. Now that you have managed to fight against him, check out this guide on how to defeat Mortimer Freeze as well.
This was your guide on how to fight and defeat Glumstone the Giant in Cuphead the Delicious Last Course DLC. If you enjoy playing Cuphead then check out these Cuphead guides as well.