The Callisto Protocol is an adventure and horror-survival video game by Striking Distance Studios. Set in the year 2320 on Callisto Moon, you play as Jacob Lee an inmate of the Black Iron Prison. You can have several character skins and weapon skins in different ways. One of these includes the Retro Prisoner Skin which can be equipped in-game. But how to get or unlock this skin? Check out our guide on how to get the Retro Prisoner Skin in the Callisto Protocol to find out.
How to Get the Retro Prisoner Skin in The Callisto Protocol
You can get the Retro Prisoner Skin only by purchasing the pre-order of the Callisto Protocol. It is one of the pre-order bonuses you can obtain for purchasing the game early. If you missed your chance at the pre-order, you can also buy the Collector’s Edition or the Digital Edition. Here are all the editions that offer the Retro Prisoner skin:
- Day One Edition ($59.99)
- Digital Deluxe Edition ($79.99)
- Collector’s Edition ($249.99)
Every Edition offers a Retro Prisoner character skin and two weapon skins for purchasing them. But note that the Collector’s Edition is available only in the US.
How to Equip the Skin
Follow the below steps:
- Head over to the Options from Main Menu.
- Hit the Gameplay option and select the Character Skin.
- You will find the Retro Prisoner Skin under this section.
- Simply, hit the keybind to select and equip the skin.
But recently, players are facing an issue wherein they are unable to see their Retro Prisoner Skin. Nevertheless, scroll till the end to find out some ways to resolve the “Retro Prisoner skin not showing up” issue in Callisto Protocol.
Retro Prisoner Skin Not Showing Up – How To Fix
Here are some workarounds to resolve this issue in Callisto Protocol:
Restart your Device
This is the classic workaround that resolves such issues in most cases. This method did fix the Retro Prisoner skin not showing up problem for several players in the community. So, try rebooting your Console or PC. While for some players it took a single restart, for the rest it took more than a couple of restarts.
Check for Updates
You might be facing this issue if the version of Callisto Protocol is outdated. So, check if the game is updated to its latest version. If there are any pending updates, download and install them. Once you have downloaded and installed the latest updates, launch the game to check if the issue persists.
Verify Game Files on Steam or Epic
This issue can also occur due to missing or corrupted files. You can verify your game data on the launcher or client you used to download it.
- If you have downloaded Callisto Protocol from Steam, follow the below steps:
- Launch the Steam launcher > Library > Right-click on Callisto Protocol > Properties > Local files > Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- For the players using the Epic Games client, follow the below steps:
- Launch the Epic Games launcher > Library > Hit the three dots to the bottom right of Callisto Protocol > Verify
- Once the game files are verified and re-downloaded, restart the game.
While it may take some time to complete the process, this should hopefully resolve the Callisto Protocol Retro Prisoner Skin not showing up issue. But if it did not fix the issue, you can also try reinstalling the game as the last resort.
That’s everything covered about how to get the Retro Prisoner Skin in the Callisto Protocol. If you liked this guide, check out our more guides on how to heal fast, how to get Platinum Trophy, and more Callisto Protocol Guides right here on Gamer Tweak.