Stray is a game all about reuniting a lost cat with its family. This game takes you all over a cybercity with tons of cool bots. Here, you go through alleys, buildings, and more with your trusty B-12 bot by your side. Some of the more annoying characters in the game are the Zurks. Trying to get away from these monsters is just the worst and if you’re looking to do just that, this is the guide for you. Here is all that you need to do in order to get past Zurks in Stray.
How to Get Past Zurks in Stray
There are two methods to getting past Zurks in Stray. One is on the passive side and the other is for those of you that are more aggressive in nature. Having to navigate this world can be hard enough but keeping your paws off of the Zurks while you’re at it? That just takes things to a whole other level. Here are a few tips that you need to keep in mind in order to go through the game without getting killed by Zurks in Stray.
How to Get Past Zurks Without Killing Them
By not killing Zurks w(ith your gun) as you go about the game, you can get the Pacifist trophy. If you’re a pacifist otherwise as well then these tips are for you.
- Make sure to keep going in a zig zag to keep the Zurks off of your path
- Keep your hand off of the light gun button
- If the Zurks jump on you, go in circles to have them drop off
- You can earn the trophy even if you die and restart at a checkpoint
- Complete your task and then run away from the Zurks
- Try not to burst too many of the Zurk incubation pods
- If they gang up on you, push the Zurks into the water
These were all of the tips that you need to keep in mind when trying to keep the Zurks away in the most passive way possible.
How to Get Past Zurks By Killing
Killing Zurks is ideal as they are annoying and aim to kill you as well. So why should you be the bigger person (cat?). However, killing them is not as easy as it may seem. There are several things that you need to keep in mind. If you aren’t interested in letting these slimy bug like things live then this is what you need to keep in mind.
- Use the splatter kill method where you use a red barrel to hit the Zurks like a bowling ball
- Try to keep the Zurks out of the barrel that you will be rolling onto them
- When you get to the Dead End level, you will be able to use a UV light through B-12
- Use your light gun on the Zurks to kill them instantly
- Using the UV light on the Zurk incubation pod will pop it and let the Zurks out
- The light gun has a cooldown to it and so, you must not use it too much in a short amount of time
- Use it in small bursts to avoid overheating
- Do not use the light gun when Zurks are out of range
These were all of the tips that you need to keep in mind when trying to keep the Zurks away and killing them in the process.
We recommend that you use a combination of both methods so that you have the best possible outcome when going against Zurks in the game.
This was all that you need to do in order to get past Zurks in Stray. If you found this guide helpful, check out this one on how to find Momo.