If you want to fly in Minecraft without using cheats, then you must get an Elytra. This item can be equipped as armor and it will give you the ability to glide from tall structures. If you combine it with Fireworks, then you have your very own jetpack. However, getting Elytra is no easy task. This is an endgame item and you’ll have to grind a lot before getting your hands on one. In this guide, we will tell you how to get it.
Minecraft: How To Get Elytra
The Elytra in Minecraft is located in the End Ship and players can get it by traveling to the End World. Follow these steps to obtain it:
- Use the Eyes of Ender to locate a Stronghold.
- Then, locate the End portal in the stronghold and activate it.
- Once you enter the End World, you will notice a health bar at the top of the screen for the Ender Dragon.
- Now, you must defeat the Ender Dragon – or use this cheat: /kill @e[type=minecraft:ender_dragon]
- After killing the dragon, look for a purple beacon and head toward it.
- Create a platform to reach the beacon and throw an Ender Pearl in the Black Void.
- Once you do that, you will be transported to End Islands.
- Navigate your way to the End City and look for a floating Ship.
- Make your way to the ship and enter the main hall.
- Here, you will find the Elytra placed in a frame. Break the frame block and you will get it.
Once you get the Elytra, you can leave the End World.
How to Use Elytra to Fly
To use Elytra in Minecraft, open your inventory and place it in your chest plate slot. Now, look for a peak or a mountain and climb it. Then, run at the cliff and double press the jump button to use Elytra to glide.
If you want to create a jetpack, use Gunpowder and Paper to craft Firework Rockets. Now, equip them and glide in the air. As you start falling down, use the fireworks to propel yourself in the air. Alternatively, you can also use the Trident with the Riptide enchantment.
How to Repair Elytra in Minecraft
If you don’t keep an eye on your Elytra’s durability bar, then you’re bound to lose it. Instead of going through all the hassle to get it back, we recommend you repair it. To repair Elytra in Minecraft, you will need an Anvil and Phantom Membranes. You can get the membranes from a mob called Phantoms. Then, open your Anvil menu and place the Elytra and the membrane in it. Then, drag the healed Elytra and place it back in your inventory. To increase Elytra’s life, we recommend you use Enchanted Books like Unbreaking and Mending.
That’s all from us on how to get Elytra in Minecraft. For more such content as how to get mules, make sure you visit our Minecraft section.