Cut is an HM in Pokemon Emerald that you should get for exploring the Hoenn region. It is also a decent move that can be useful during early encounters with Wild Pokemon. As per its description it “Cuts the foe with sharp scythes, claws, etc.”. But the game won’t tell you which NPC gives it to you. So here is the location where you can get the HM 01 in Pokemon Emerald.
How to Get Cut in Pokemon Emerald
You can get Cut from the NPC in the house left of the Pokemon Center in Rustboro City. This HM is fairly easy to miss if you avoid exploring or talking to NPCs.
- After leaving Petalburg woods, Go North.
- You will reach Rustboro City. This is the place where you meet the first gym leader Roxanne.
- Once you reach the city, go to the first house left of the Pokemon Center.
- Talk to the guy sitting next to the Table.
- After the conversation, he will give you the HM 01 Cut.
How to Teach Cut to a Pokemon
- Press Start and select Bag.
- Go to the “TMs & HMs” section using the D-pad.
- Scroll down and select HM 1 Cut.
- Here, choose Use then pick the Pokemon whom you want to teach Cut.
If a Pokemon has a free slot in its moves then it will directly learn Cut, else you will have to forget an older move and replace it with Cut. Some Pokemon in this game that learn cut are:
How to Use Cut
There are two ways to use Cut in Pokemon Emerald:
- Stand next to a small tree and press A.
- It will ask if you want to use Cut, choose Yes.
- Press start and select Pokemon.
- Here, select your Pokemon that knows cut and it will give you options like Summary, Switch, etc.
- Choose Cut from here and your Pokemon will use it.
That covers this guide on the location where you can get Cut in Pokemon Emerald. You should also check our guide on how to get Exp share for this game. And for more things on Pokemon be sure to check out our Legends Arceus, Scarlet & Violet, and Sword & Shield sections.