As mentioned earlier, Genshin Impact developer miHoYo has finally added a brand new story-driven quest called ‘Hangout Events’, providing players an opportunity to spend their quality time with four beautiful characters — Barbara, Noelle, Bennett, and Chongyun. Notably, each character requires you to have one Story key, which can be acquired by completing Daily Commissions.
If you want to access the Genshin Impact Hangout event, make sure you have an Adventure Rank 26 or above or have already completed the ‘Song of the Dragon and Freedom’ quest. In this guide, we will break down everything about the Hangout event, including how to unlock story keys, its rewards, and more.
How To Access Genshin Impact Hangout Event?
Version 1.4 "Invitation of Windblume": New System
As the version update draws near, Travelers must certinly be growing curious as to what the new version may hold. So today, let's have a look at a new system that will be coming in this update — Hangout Events.#GenshinImpact pic.twitter.com/Ms6u5yfCUo
— Paimon (@GenshinImpact) March 12, 2021
Once you meet the requirements mentioned here, the Hangout event in Genshin Impact will be unlocked. Once unlocked, you will see a tab on the ‘Story Quest’ page where you will get the Hangout event quest. It should be noted that each Hangout event requires you to have two Story keys to get it unlocked.
The best thing about the Hangout event quest is players can replay any part of it whenever they want without spending story keys. Since there are four characters added to the title, you will need a total of 8 Story keys to hang out with them.
Since Story Keys are obtained by completing Daily Commissions, you would not be able to unlock all of them in a day.
Hangout Event Quests & Rewards
- During the Hangout event quest, make sure to choose dialogues wisely because it is your choice that will influence the direction of the story and lead to different endings.
- It is your character’s Heartbeat value that will decided whether the quest should be continued or not. So, don’t let the Heartbeat fall too low. Unfortunately, if your character’s Heartbeat value drops extensively, you would not be able to complete the quests.
- Travelers are allowed to replay any part of the Hangout event quest and for that, they would not need to spend additional Story Keys.
- There are five possible endings. So, reach different endings to get different Hangout Memories and ending rewards.
- These are the rewards that you can get from this event:
- Hero’s Wit
- Teyvat Charred Egg
- Guide to Resistance
- Agnidus Agate Fragment
- Prithiva Topaz Fragment
- Adventure XP
- And More!
Note: Unlike other events, the Genshin Impact Hangout event will be permanently available in the game.
That’s everything you need to know about how to unlock the Hangout event and get Story keys in Genshin Impact. While you are here, check out all endings and choices in the Bennett Hangout event and Barbara Hangout event. Plus, find out how to get Wine and Song, Alley Flash and Wolfhook juice as well.