Home > Genshin Impact > Genshin Impact 2022 Anniversary

When Is Genshin Impact’s 2022 Anniversary Date?

This is what you should know about the 2022 Anniversary of Genshin Impact.

The 2nd Anniversary of Genshin Impact is around the corner and players want to know when it will be in 2022. This is not only a big milestone for the game, but also for the players. Because this is the one chance they can get plenty of rewards for the occasion of its celebration. So in this guide let us check the date when the 2nd year anniversary is for Genshin Impact and what are going to be the rewards.

When is the Genshin Impact 2022 Anniversary (Date)?

genshin impact 2022 anniversary date and rewards

Genshin Impact’s 2022 Anniversary should be on 28th September 2022. The game was released on 28th September 2020. So this is going to be the 2nd anniversary of the game.

And while the 1st year anniversary of the game disappointed the fans a lot. We can hope that MiHoYo will most likely not repeat the events of last time. We’ll check what went wrong in the 1st year anniversary in a bit but here are the possible rewards that we could get during this year’s Anniversary:

  • Primogems
  • Mora
  • Hero’s Wit
  • Some form of event-exclusive weapon
  • Maybe an event-exclusive character (Possibly a 5-star character)
  • New events

Note: The above rewards are just possible speculations and are not confirmed by the developers. We are yet to learn about the actual rewards and events that will happen during the 2nd Year Anniversary.

While Mora and Primogems are more on the confirmed side, the amount of them that we will receive is unknown. As for a new 5-star character, that is a much-needed reward. Because the gacha mechanism makes it very hard to pull 5-star characters in this game. Not to mention you have an especialy hard time collecting Primogems as a free-to-play player.

What went wrong in the 1st Year Anniversary?

The biggest problem with the first year anniversary of Genshin Impact was that the rewards relied too much on competitions. But what was worst was, not only were they few, but also limited to a certain number of winners. For example, one such event was Recording Your Anniversary Memories.

This reward gave the community a chance to win 100 Primogems. This in itself is a very small amount of Primogems, but only 1000 players would get it. So you can see how small of a chance a player has to get this reward considering the massive player base of the game.

Similarly, there was another web event called A Message In Time. The players had a 10% chance to get Blessing of the Welking Moon. And a 90% chance to get 100000 Mora.

Thus the players were rightfully mad. But this event had a good ending as the developers later did give players some decent rewards. These included a Windglider, 1600 Primogems, and more. So there is a good chance that this year’s anniversary is going to be a lot better than the last.

That covers this guide on the date when 2022 anniversary is for Genshin Impact and its rewards. While you are here you should also check our other guides on Araesha riddle answers and the best Tighnari build.