Tired of facing the game update stuck at 100% in Xbox and are looking for a fix? Well, you are not alone, many other players are annoyed by seeing finishing things up but never getting to play the game. This issue is quite common but thankfully, there are solutions that can help you resolve it. So in this guide let us check how to fix the update stuck at 100% in Xbox One or Series X|S.
How to Fix Game Update Stuck at 100% in Xbox
This is a common problem that you can face especially on an Xbox One. But many Xbox Series X|S players have also faced this issue. In order to solve it you can try some of the fixes given below:
- Reinstall the Game: As annoying as it is this is the best fix for this problem. We don’t usually recommend reinstalling the game and only suggest it as a last resort. But in this case, this has the highest probability to work.
- Restart your Xbox: Once you see the update has reached 100% wait for a few minutes. If you see no progress even after 5 minutes or more then restart your Xbox.
To do that just press the Xbox button on your controller and choose Restart Console. Finally, select Restart.
- Reset your Xbox: There are two ways you can reset your Xbox. You could either do a hard reset or a factory reset.
- Hard Reset: To do a hard reset simply press and hold the Xbox button on your Xbox console for 10 seconds. Remove the power cable and wait for a minimum of 30 seconds. After connecting start your console and check if you still see the error.
- Factory Reset:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller.
- Go to your profile.
- Click on settings and here choose system.
- Here click on Console info.
- Now click on the Reset Console option. Your console will give you two options:
- Reset and Remove everything
- Reset and Keep my games & apps
- If you don’t mind reinstalling your games and have access to fast internet then choose the first option. Else choose to keep your games and apps.
- After you are done resetting, check if you still get the error with your games.
- Move the game: If you have the game installed on your External HDD then try moving them to your console’s HDD. And if the case is the opposite then move it from internal to external HDD.
- Contact support: Lastly, if none of the fixes work you should contact Xbox support and get help from them directly.
That covers this guide on how to fix the game update stuck at 100% in Xbox & finishing things up. You might also find our guide useful on how to refund a game on Xbox. And for more things gaming check out Gamer Tweak.