If you have recently purchased a game on Xbox but would like to return it for any reason and get a refund, here’s what you need to do. You have to ensure that the return conditions are fulfilled, here’s more information about the same.
How to Refund a Game on Xbox?
Xbox One and Series X/S players can follow these steps to request a refund for a digital game.
- Visit the Request a refund for digital games Xbox page..
- Sign in to your Xbox account.
- Go to your Order History > select Request a Return for the game.
- If you see the “Request Conditional” message, this means that you do not meet the Refund Conditions.
- Now click on the “Request a refund” button.
- Add a reason why you are requesting a refund.
- Click on “Submit”.
- Make sure that you have purchased the game within 14 days of requesting the refund.
- You can’t get a refund if you have played the game for more than 2 hours across all accounts.
- Also, note that submitting a request will not guarantee a refund. But if it gets approved, it will show up as being processed on your Microsoft account. During this, you cannot access the digital game.
- Wait for 3 to 5 business days and the refund should appear in your account.
- You can keep an eye on the status of your refund from the Order History page.
Request Conditional Meaning
If you see the Request Conditional text, this means that it is up to the Refund Team’s decision to give you a refund or not. Since the item that you are requesting a refund for has passed the 14-day criteria, your reason has to be convincing enough for the team to give you the result you want.
That’s all for this one. If you’d like to read more guides, tips, and fixes for issues related to Xbox, be sure to explore more on Gamer Tweak.