Despite Battlefield 2042 offering a solely multiplayer experience, players are facing several issues. While the game supports cross-platform functions, several players are reportedly unable to connect with their friends. As players start with the game, they are facing the User not found error in BF2042. Due to this error, players are reporting that their friends are missing and not appearing in the lobby. But is there a solution for this error or issue? Yes, there is! So, check out our guide on how to fix the Battlefield 2042 friends not showing up.
Fix Battlefield 2042 Friends Not Showing Up
There can be several reasons for the friends not showing up in Battlefield 2042 or the User not found error. While the devs at EA have not acknowledged this issue as of now, we have compiled some workarounds to resolve this error. So, here are all the fixes to resolve this error in BF 2042:
Restart Your PC or Console
Before we go on with other workarounds, we suggest restarting your PC or console.
- This would update any pending Battlefield 2042 updates on launching it.
- Then, you can try connecting with your friends from the Lobby.
But if you are still unable to find your friends and facing the user not found error, try out the next workaround.
Check Internet Connection
You can face this issue if you are offline or don’t have a consistent internet connection.
- So, we suggest checking your internet connection.
- To resolve the Wireless connection issues, you can try restarting the Wi-Fi router. Alternatively, you can also contact your Internet operator if you are facing some technical issues.
- We suggest using the Wired Ethernet for a seamless internet connection.
Check Latest Updates
You can face this error if your current game version is outdated.
- You can resolve this error by updating Battlefield 2042 to its latest version.
- Also, make sure that your friends have also updated their games to the latest versions.
- Note that if you or your friend is running a different game version, you won’t be able to play Crossplay.
Re-install Battlefield 2042
If none of the above workarounds solved the error for you, we recommend re-installing the game as the last resort.
- For that, you must uninstall Battlefield 2042 from your consoles and PC via Steam or Origin.
- Once you have removed its game data and files, install the game, again.
Finally, launch the game to check if reinstalling bypassed the “User not found” error or the “missing friends” issue. If it did not, head to the EA Support website to report and check for workarounds on their forums.
Currently, the devs at EA Battlefield have not commented on the cross-platforming issues. But when they do with more workarounds or solutions, we will make sure to update this guide. Until then, you can check out the Player Count for Battlefield 2042.
That’s everything covered about the Battlefield 2042 friends not showing up issue fix. If you liked this guide, check out our guides on how to fix the error code 15 1305p, the Horizontal Mouse input not working fix, the error code 1004g connection error, and more Battlefield 2042 Guides on our dedicated section right here on Gamer Tweak.