Skill Points make a return in Forza Horizon 5. The Skill Point system was pretty prevalent in FH4 and was a nice break from the usual race events and other challenges. Plus, you never had to do anything out of the blue to get these skill points in the game. Luckily, this feature does stay even in Horizon 5. So, scroll down and find out how to earn and get Skill Points in FH5.
How to get Skill Points in Forza Horizon 5?
To get Skill Points in FH5 you will have to do either of the following skill moves:
- Drift: Get a drift going on by using the brake and countersteering.
- E-Drift: Get a drift started using the handbrake key.
- Near Miss: Closely pass oncoming cars and traffic.
- Drafting: Closely follow a car while in a race.
- Slingshot Pass: Pass a car in a race using the drafting move.
- Lucky Escape: Narrowly escape any oncoming vehicle at high speed.
- Top Speed: Hit the highest speed of your vehicle.
- Binman: Hit a garbage bin.
- Skill Board: Hit any skill point or influence board.
- Wreckage: Hit any bench, pole, brick wall, etc to get Skill Points in Forza Horizon 5.
- Hard Charger: Race at top speed for a sustained period of time.
- Threading The Needle: Pass between two opposing traffic lanes.
- J-Turn: Perform a J-Turn while driving.
- 180: Perform a 180-degree turn.
- 360: Perform a 360-degree turn.
- Lumberman: Take out trees and stumps to get the Lumberman skill.
- Jump: Get air time after making a jump.
- Kangaroo: Get a short air time and a small jump to get the Kangaroo skill.
- Two Wheels: Drive on two wheels for a small time.
- Burnout: Perform a burnout or rolling burnout to get this skill.
- Barrel Roll: Perform a barrel roll while mid-air.
- Drift Tap: Lightly tap the rear bumper onto another object.
- Trading Paint: Sideswipe another vehicle lightly.
- Sideswipe: Take out objects with the side of the car.
These are all the moves that you can do to get Skill Points in Forza Horizon 5. As before, there are 4 levels to each skill move. With each increasing level, you will get higher XP which in turn will earn you skill points. For eg, the drift skill has 4 levels. These are:
- Great Drift
- Awesome Drift
- Ultimate Drift
How to use Skill Points in FH5?
When you earn Skill Points you will get a pop-up saying you have a new Skill Point in Forza Horizon 5. If you click on the pop-up notification at that time, you will come across that particular car’s perks. You can also visit this menu by visiting the pause menu in the game.
Simply redeem the particular perk that you want and you will see that there are specific boosts. I suggest going for the Wheelspin and 1 Extra Life Perks in the game. The Wheelspin perk will directly give you one free wheelspin which will allow you to get free rewards. These rewards can be in the form of free vehicles, clothes, horns, CR, etc.
The 1 Extra Life Perk on the other hand will get you one additional crash in order to break the Skill Chain. This is because you will lose all your Skill Chain moves when you crash into opposing cars, walls, houses or other immovable objects. So, with 1 extra life, the crash will not affect the ongoing skill chain. As mentioned above, each skill move has four levels. Once you sustain the skill move for a long time, you will get to the highest skill move level which will earn more XP which in turn will get you more Skill Points.
This is everything that you will need to know about how to get and earn Skill Points in Forza Horizon 5. While you are here you can also have a look at How To Play With Friends And Multiplayer Guide.