Many Street Fighter 6 players reported that the game crashed at launch and are looking for ways to fix it. Since this is a fairly new game, it is bound to run into some errors. Errors like this can ruin your gaming experience. While the developers at CAPCOM release patches to fix this issue, you can try some workaround methods to make it run. In this guide, we will tell you some methods to fix the “Crashing at Launch” issue in SF6.
How to Fix Street Fighter 6 Crashes at Launch/Startup
The major reasons for Street Fighter 6 to crash at launch can be outdated GPU drivers, damaged or missing game files, and high graphic settings. Before moving on to the fixes, make sure you have a stable internet connection and your system is compatible with the game. If you’ve checked these requirements, then try these methods to fix the issue:
- Update GPU Drivers
- Verify Game Files
- Run SF6 as Administrator
- Close All Background Applications
Method 1 – Update GPU Drivers
Street Fighter 6 demands high GPU space to run, so the game will crash if drivers are outdated. Although the updates are automatic, you can manually check for new updates. To do so, visit the official pages for Nvidia or AMD and download the latest ones. Alternatively, you can use the Device Manager through the Windows Search Bar. In the Device Manager, navigate to Display Adapter, right-click, and click on the Update Drivers option.
Method 2 – Verify Game Files
Damaged or corrupted game files are usually the reason for games to crash. Fortunately, the Steam launcher provides an easy option to fix this issue.
- Launch Steam and go to your Library
- Right-click on SF6 and select Properties
- Then, click on the “Verify the Integrity of files” option in the Local Files tab.
- Wait for the process to complete and launch the game.
Method 3 – Run SF6 as Administrator
Street Fighter 6 can also crash at launch if it does not have all the necessary permissions. To fix this, you can simply grant it Admin privileges with the following steps:
- Right-click on the SF6 icon on the Desktop and select the “Open File Location” option.
- Then, right-click on the .exe file and select Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab and activate the “Run this program as an administrator” option.
Method 4 – Close All Background Applications
Apart from GPU, SF6 also demands high memory space. So if you have other applications using this space then the game will crash instantly. To fix this:
- Simply open your Task Manager (Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc).
- Right-click on unnecessary applications and select the “End Task” option.
- Launch the game to check if the issue is resolved.