While the first person shooter has generally been met with positive reviews, it has some issues that are raising concerns. One of these issues, Ready or Not crashing is probably the most annoying one since it hampers your game time like anything. Fortunately, one of the most common reasons is mods and once you remove them from your game files, it is likely to run smoothly.
Table of Contents
However, mods isn’t the only reason why players are facing this issue which is why we have listed all the troubleshooting tips right here. Players are also facing FPS & Stuttering issues along with this error and that can be pretty frustrating as well.
Ready or Not Crashing Issue Troubleshooting Tips
As mentioned, the most common reason is mods and that should be your first stop as you look to fix the Ready or Not crashing issues. Along with that, there are a few more troubleshooting tips that have been pretty helpful.
Remove Mods in Ready or Not
Head to your game directory where you previously installed the mods and remove the .pak file of the mod and it’s that simple. Ideally this should be enough to fix the issue. However, if you are still facing crashing issues, there are a few more things you should try out.
Verify Integrity of Game Files
Verify the Integrity of the Game Files to make sure that none of the game files are missing or corrupted. This will help you get rid of the crashing issue if it is caused by some fault file. You can do this from your Steam by following these steps –
- Open Steam and Go to Steam Library.
- Navigate to Ready or Not and right-click.
- Click on Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Locate Local Files and Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
Additionally, it is recommended that you do this after removing the mods altogether.
Turn Off VPN
Any VPN or proxies will cause problems while playing Ready or Not. Make sure you disable them and then try to enter the game again.
Update GPU Drivers
GPU Drivers are one of the main components of PC gaming and must be kept updated constantly. If your GPU drivers aren’t updated, you will likely face the Ready or Not Crashing issue. To fix it, simply head to the website of your GPU driver to check and download updates. Nvidia users can click here, and AMD users can follow this link.
Update Microsoft Windows
- Click on your Start Menu and then click on Settings.
- In the new window, you need to look for Update and Security.
- Now to update windows, click on the button that says Check For Updates.
- If there are updates pending, the display screen will show you the option to Update Windows.
Allow Ready or Not on Windows Defender Firewall
Your Windows Defender Firewall settings might be blocking the game and this might cause the crashing issue in Ready or Not. Here’s how you can add it to the Exception list:
- Open the Firewall & Network Protection from your Windows Security.
- Locate and click Allow an app through Firewall.
- Look for the Ready or Not files in the list.
- If you can’t find it, follow these steps –
- Click on Change Settings.
- Click on Add Another App.
- Browse for your Ready or Not Files and then Add the game to the Exception list.
- Once you add the game to the Exception list, it should not have any problem with Windows Defender.
Although these troubleshooting tips are working, if all of these fail, you can directly contact Ready or Not Support to get more professional help. Since you might be new to Ready or Not, you may need help with a few in-game mechanics, and our dedicated section here at Gamer Tweak will help you with those.