FIFA 23 is finally out featuring a plethora of new content. But as players continue with their ultimate grind, they are encountering lagging issues. Being a fast-paced football game, you cannot afford a single frame drop or stuttering. There could be several reasons for these issues to occur. We have compiled several ways to fix these issues. So, here’s our guide on how to fix the FIFA 23 Lagging, Stuttering, and frame drops issues.
Table of Contents
How To Fix FIFA 23 Lagging, Stuttering, & Frame Drops Issues
Mentioned below are some potential methods to resolve these issues:
Check System Requirements
Your device can encounter these issues if it does not meet the minimum requirements. So, here are the minimum requirements for FIFA 23:
- Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: At least Intel Core i5 6600k or AMD Ryzen 5 1600
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti or AMD Radeon RX 570
- Storage: 100 GB available space
- DirectX: Version 12
Here are the recommended system requirements:
- Operating system: Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Processor: At least Intel Core i7 6700 or AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
- Memory: 12 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 or AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT
In addition to these requirements, you also need a consistent Internet Connection to run the game.
Check your Internet Connection
- You can encounter lag and frame drops due to inconsistent Internet connection.
- If you are using a wireless connection and facing difficulties, you can restart your router.
- We suggest using wired Ethernet rather than a wireless connection for a seamless and stable connection.
Switch to Lower Graphics and Resolution
As mentioned earlier, you can encounter lagging or stuttering issues, if your PC does not meet the basic requirements. You can lower the resolution and graphics settings to balance out these issues. You can head over to the Windows settings to check the Resolution of your display. You need to make sure that your applied in-game resolution is the same as your native resolution.
Install the latest GPU drivers
You need to make sure that your graphics drivers are updated to their latest version. You can head over to their official websites to install the latest available drivers for your GPU. If you have an NVIDIA-based system, head over to their official website (link). Alternatively, if you have the AMD system, head over to their official website (link).
Repair the Game Files
You can repair the game files from Steam as well as Origin if you are facing too much lag and frame drops. Follow the below steps to repair the files through the Origin launcher:
- Launch the Origin launcher or client and head over to the My Library menu.
- Right-click on FIFA 23 and select the Repair game option.
- This will re-download the corrupted files that might be causing the lagging issues.
Follow the below steps to verify the game files from Steam:
- Launch the Steam client or launcher and head over to the Library.
- Then, right-click on the game and select the Properties option.
- You need to select the Local Files tab and click on Verify Integrity of game files option.
- If your files are corrupted, this process may take some time to re-download them. But it will hopefully resolve the lagging issues.
Reinstalling FIFA 23
Lastly, if none of the above alternatives work out, we suggest re-installing the game.
- You need to uninstall the game and then, install it back again.
- Then, launch FIFA 23 to check if the problem persists.
This last resort works out in most cases. However, if it does not resolve the lagging issues, we suggest heading to the EA Support page for more assistance.
That’s everything covered about how to fix the FIFA 23 lagging, stuttering, and frame drops issues. If you liked this guide, check out our guides on how to hit Flair Shot, how to do McGeady spin, and more FIFA 23 guides right here on Gamer Tweak.