Baldur’s Gate 3 blank launcher bug has been encountered by many payers recently. Here whenever you launch the game, the launcher gets stuck on a completely blank screen. This prevents players from joining the game due to the Play button not appearing at all.
The problem seems to be with the Larian launcher. Fortunately, it can be fixed in by couple of ways. Follow along with this guide to find out how to fix BG3 Blank launcher bug.
How to fix the Blank Launcher Bug in BG3
Before we start with the fixes for the BG3 blank launcher Bug, make sure your graphics card driver is up-to-date. Once done, apply the below-given solution one by one to fix this bug.
Some users on the Steam community forum suggest resetting the Larian launcher to fix the BG3 blank launcher issue. For this, all you need to do is head to settings and click on the reset button. Follow the below-given instructions to do so.
- Open the Larian launcher on your PC
- Head to Settings menu.
- Now inside settings, in the general section, find the reset launcher option and click on it.
- Next, click on Save Settings and relaunch the game to see if the problem is fixed.
The next method is to skip the launcher altogether. For this, you need to head to Steam settings. Follow the below-given instructions to do so.
- Open Steam on your PC
- Head to the Library and select Baldur’s Gate 3 game.
- Next, click on the Gear cog icon and open properties.
- Next in the General tab go to the last option called Launch Option and type this command –skip-launcher
This allows you to skip the launcher each time you open up the game. Finally, launch the game to see if the bug is fixed
This last solution is a rather not-so-traditional method, but somehow works 95% of the time for this game. In this, you need to change the language of the launcher to another language then relaunch the application, and then it again changes back to the original language. To do this follow the below given steps.
- Open the launcher.
- Click on the settings menu.
- Now change to language to some lingo other than the current one.
- Next, click on Save settings and exit.
- Now open the launcher again and change the language back to the original one.
Once done click on save settings and finally check if the launch issue is fixed.
That’s everything you need to know about how to fix BG3 blank launcher Bug. If you find this guide helpful, check out more on this game from our Baldur’s Gate 3 dedicated section right here on Gamer Tweak.