COD Black OPS 3 Zombies Chronicles features eight remastered classic Zombie maps around different locations and timelines. But aside from eliminating zombie hordes, you also have to collect four different elemental staff. Out of these four staff, getting the Fire Staff can be the most tricky and challenging. Once you have acquired it, you can upgrade this staff to Kagutsuchi’s Blood. But similar to other elemental staff, you need to solve several puzzles or riddles to obtain this staff. Not to worry, check out our guide for the Fire Staff Code and how to upgrade it in Black Ops 3 Zombies Chronicles.
Fire Staff Code in COD Black Ops 3 Zombies
You have to collect three parts of the staff and the elemental crystal to get the Fire staff or the Staff of Fire. But to access the Crazy Place and the lower levels of the Excavation Site, you have to gather the Gramophone and the related records. Furthermore, you also have to collect the elemental Gem and fragments to craft the Fire Staff in COD Black Ops 3 Zombies.
So, here’s where you can find the three Fire Staff parts and other miscellaneous items:
- You have to power up Generator 6 to open the reward box next to it. You can get one out of three parts inside the box.
- Once you open the path to the church, destroy the plane in the sky glowing orange color in the following round. You can find the part close to the excavation site on a walkway between two giant footprints. This staff part will be dropped next to the soul box.
- Lastly, defeat the Panzer Soldat in round 8 to pick up the dropped staff part.
Now, for the Gramophone, head over to the floor inside the Excavation Site. You can find the red record near the church. This record can spawn between the tank and the upward staircase on some boxes. It can also spawn in nearby locations including on the boxes near Generator 6 or opposite the basin. And you can find the record to access the lower levels outside the Excavation Site.
You can get the Elemental Gems inside the Crazy Place. As you enter the Crazy Place, there will be a pedestal that will unlock or open with a red glow and an elemental gem arising from within. After collecting the Staff parts and other items, you can craft the Staff of Fire in the lowest level of the Excavation Site. You can build it on the Red Pedestal.
How to Upgrade the Staff of Fire to Kagutuchi’s Blood
You can upgrade the Fire Staff by completing two riddles in the Crazy Place and eliminating some Zombies to charge the Staff.
- For the first riddle, you have to complete a mini-game. You have to fill four fire cauldrons in a room.
- To do so, you have to defeat approximately 30 zombies.
- Once you have eliminated 30 zombie enemies, you can progress to the next riddle.
You can complete the second riddle or puzzle inside the church’s basement in the Original realm. This riddle is completely RNG and uses a complex numbering system. Since it is randomly generated, every player will have a different solution.
- In the basement, you will find seven torches with a number below them. And you can find several symbols inscribed on the walls.
- From these two sets of information, you have to decipher this puzzle. It uses the ternary numeral system that revolves around shooting the correct torches from the symbols and numbers.
- As there are different glowing symbols on the walls, you have to figure out which torches to shoot at.
So, here are the torches to shoot for every number using Staff of Fire:
- Once you gave shot the correct torches, head over to Samantha and interact with her.
- Then, head over to the Excavation Site and align the floating rings. You have to light these four rings red by rotating the levers.
- You can find these levers around lower levels, two along the normal walkway, and two on wooden scaffoldings.
- After all the rings are aligned and red, the orb inside them will arise. You have to shoot this red orb from the Fire Staff.
- Lastly, place the staff inside the Red Pedestal in the Crazy Place. Then, kill approximately 30 zombies to charge the Staff from their souls.
- Talk to Samantha who will state that the power of fire is available.
- Head back to the Red Pedestal and pick up the upgraded Staff of Fire or Kagutuchi’s Blood.
That’s everything covered about the Fire Staff Code and how to upgrade it in COD Black OPS 3 Zombies Chronicles. If you liked this guide, check out our guide on Ice Staff Upgrade Code and more COD-related guides on our dedicated section right here on Gamer Tweak.