A game that has a secret level is always fun. D2R doesn’t lag behind the other games in this area as it has a secret level. If you’ve been playing this game for some time now or have played the original Diablo 2, you must have heard about the secret cow level or the cow king. So, in this guide let us take a look at how to unlock the secret cow level in Diablo 2 Resurrected.
How to Unlock the Secret Cow Level in Diablo 2 Resurrected & Find Cow King
To open the secret cow level you need the following items:
- A Tome of Town’s Portal: This item can be purchased from the magic vendors of the Acts’ town. Alternatively, you could also find them in Catacomb or Jail levels in Act 1. Note: The tome can be empty and doesn’t need to be filled to work.
- Wirt’s leg: You can find this item in Tristam. In the top-left area of the town, you will find Wirt’s body. When you click on it, its leg will fall on the ground. If you happen to miss it while you first visited the town you can go back and get it.
These are the steps to open the secret cow level in D2R.
- Go to the Rogue Encampment in Act 1.
- Place a Tome of Town’s Portal and Wirt’s leg in the Horadric Cube.
- Press the Transmute button.
- A red portal must open, entering this portal will lead you to the secret cow level.
Remember, if you get the “I can’t do that” message then you are doing something wrong. Another thing to keep in mind is that you must have beaten Baal in Act 5 in order to be able to access this secret level. Once you enter the red portal you can confront the secret boss of this level: the Cow King. You can get the Cow King’s Leathers by killing the Cow King or any other cows in this level.
How to Fix Diablo 2 Resurrected Cow Level Not Working issue?
When you follow all of the above steps correctly there is a chance you still might not be able to enter the cow level. Here are the things to check if the cow level doesn’t work:
- The Baal quest should be completely finished and you should get the slayer title.
- If anyone kills the cow king on the current difficulty for the first time, then all the members inside the cow level will get the kill. It doesn’t matter if your are in a party or not. If this is the case then you won’t be able to create a cow level with your current character in the existing difficulty.
That sums up everything you need to know about the secret level and the cow king. If you like playing this game be sure to check out our other guide on how resistances work in Diablo 2 Resurrected. Also make sure to check out more of our Diablo 2 Resurrected Guides like, how to transfer & import characters, how to fix chat not working issue, and control guide for PC & all consoles.