Chimchar is a Sinnoh starter that can be quite hard to find in Pokemon Legends Arceus. The reason it is hard to come across is that even though there are 5 regions in the game you can only find it in one of them. And to make things harder it only spawns in specific areas at a certain time. So in this guide let us take a look at the location of Chimchar in Pokemon Legends Arceus and how to catch it.
Where to Find Chimchar in Pokemon Legends Arceus?
You can find Chimchar at Deertrack Heights or Ramanas Island in Obsidian Fieldlands. Below are their exact locations and tips for catching them.
- Fast Travel to the Heights Camp in Obsidian Fieldlands.
- Next, Rest and change the time of the day to nightfall.
- Now, go north to the Deertrack Heights.
- Deertrack Heights as a whole has a chance of spawning Chimchar at night.
- Check the two areas marked above on the map. The one marked in the blue has a chance to not only spawn a Chimchar but also an Alpha Monferno. The area marked in green is where you can encounter Chimchar.
- Alternatively, you can also go to Ramanas Island to look for Chimchar.
- In case you don’t find any Chimchar in these areas. Go back to Jubilife Village, this will reset these areas. Once reset try again. Note that fast traveling to the camp will not reset them so your only option is to go back to Jubilife Village.
Thanks to Map Genie for their interactive map of the Hisui region.
How to Catch Chimchar
You can catch Chimchar by sneaking behind it and catching the with a back-strike. The ideal Pokeballs to use here would be.
- Poke Ball
- Great Ball
- Ultra Ball
In order to distract it better, you can also throw its favorite foods near it. Note throw it next to Chimchar and not directly at it. Once it is focused on eating the food, throw the ball to catch it. Its favorite foods include:
- Dazzling Honey
- Hearty Grains
- Plump Beans
And lastly, another important thing to remember is Chimchar is a Pokemon with Hasty nature. That means if you alert it, it will run away, so any chance of you catching it will also go away with it. If you do miss it then reset the area and try again.
That sums up this guide on where to find Chimchar in Pokemon Legends Arceus with location and how to catch it. You should also check our guide on how to evolve Happiny and how to catch a shiny Lucario in the game if you are interested in other Pokemon.