FFXIV is an online game and when there are online elements, there are bound to be some errors. The FFXIV Unable to Complete Version Check error is one such issue that is coming up in Endwalker when you start the launcher, due to which players are not able to start the game. Don’t worry, though, because you can try these troubleshooting tips to potentially fix the error from your end.
FFXIV Unable to Complete Version Check Fix (Endwalker)
Try one or all of these steps to ensure that the Final Fantasy 14 version check launcher error (with codes 30410 30605 30426 10009 and more) doesn’t come up anymore:
Restart your PC
The tried and tested formula that works 99% of the time (but don’t quote me on this). Shut down your computer, restart it and then try to launch the game to see if it happens seamlessly. You can also restart your router to flush out any network issues and try again.
Boot Configuration File Change
- Head to Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV – A Realm Reborn\
- Find the FFXIV_BOOT.cfg file and open it in notepad.
- Look for BootVersionCheckMode 0.
- Change it to BootVersionCheckMode 1.
- Also, look for B4EulaAgreement and change it from 0 to 1.
- Save the file.
- Then launch FFXIV via the launcher and see if the error still comes up.
Verify Game File Integrity
This may fix the errors related to the installation of files if you are playing the game via Steam. Here’s how to do it.
- Launch the Steam client.
- Find FFXIV in your library.
- Right-click on it and click on Properties.
- Click on Local files.
- Click on Verify integrity of game files.
- Wait until the verification process is over.
- Re-launch the game to see if the error persists.
Use a VPN
- If you use a VPN, launch it and when it’s ready, then start the FF14 launcher. For many players, this process has worked.
Change from Wifi to Hotspot
This is just to test if the issues are related to your network or not. What you can do is start your hotspot on your mobile phone and connect to it from your PC. With that done, start the FFXIV launcher and then see if the Unable To Complete Version Check error is still appearing or not.
Lastly, you need to ensure that there are no other background applications hogging up the internet/resources so that FF14 gets all the priority. Moreover, disable your antivirus and firewall temporarily because it could be blocking the launcher’s access to the game servers.
This is everything you need to keep in mind to fix the FFXIV Unable To Complete Version Check. For more FF14 tips, tricks and guides, stay with Gamer Tweak! If you’d like to find out if FF14 servers are down, check out our guide here.