Ready to take down the tyrannical regime as a Guerrilla fighter? Unfortunately, the Far Cry 6 not launching on Xbox, PS or PC error will stop you in your tracks. What to do when the game does not start at all? Don’t be disheartened just yet – try the troubleshooting tips mentioned below.
Far Cry 6 Not Launching/Starting on PC Fix – Black Screen Troubleshooting Tips
There are multiple reasons why Far Cry 6 won’t launch on your PC. Attempt the troubleshooting tips mentioned below to see if the issue persists.
- Update your Graphics card drivers by heading to the official site of the manufacturers and downloading the latest versions.
- Verify the Game Files on Epic Games Store.
- Start Epic Games launcher
- Click on the Game Library
- Click on Far Cry 6
- Select Settings
- Click on Verify
- Close the launcher, restart it and launch the game again
- Verify the Game Files on Ubisoft connect.
- Start Ubisoft Connect
- Click on Games > Far Cry 6
- Click on Properties
- Find Local Files
- Click on Verify Files
- Check if your Epic Games Launcher is up-to-date.
- Restart your PC and try again.
- Close other background apps which may be interfering with the game’s launch.
- Whitelist Far Cry 6 and Epic Games Store/Ubisoft Connect in your Antivirus and Firewall settings.
- Run the game as administrator by clicking on the .exe file.
- Ensure that your PC has the minimum specs to run the game.
- Update your Operating system if required. The minimum requirement in terms of the operating system is Windows 10 (64-bit versions).
- Check if there are any DirectX errors. Get the GeForce game ready driver from here which provides the best possible gaming experience for newly released major AAA titles. AMD users can download Adrenalin 21.10.1 Optional from here.
- Download the latest version of Visual C++ redistributable to avoid any missing files during installation.
- Reinstall the game to check if there were any installation issues in the previous install.
- If nothing else works, contact Ubisoft customer support and they will sort out any problem related to FC 6.
Far Cry 6 Won’t Start on Xbox and PlayStation Fix?
If FC6 fails to start on your Xbox One, Series X|S, PS4 or PS5 consoles, try the following steps:
- Do a power cycle. Press and hold the power button for about 15 seconds until it turns off. Then wait for a minute and then restart the console. This should clear the cache and the game should load up and start.
- If you are not able to launch Far Cry 6 then check if the servers are offline or facing any issue. Here’s what you can do:
- Check the server status of the game you are trying to play.
- If the servers are down then keep an eye on this server status page. Once the services are back online, this page will be updated. Then you can launch, and play your Far Cry 6 without any error. If there is no info on the server status pages, go to Downdetector. Downdetector reports network changes derived from real user feedback, however, it isn’t an official Ubisoft source.
- For the official Ubisoft response, you need to check the official Far Cry 6 Twitter account.
- A quick search on Twitter will immediately tell you if the Far Cry 6 servers are down or running. Sometimes, it’s good to know if someone other than you is also having issues, meaning the error is from the server-side. Due to the community’s synchronized outrage, this feed is effective at delivering timely service updates from devs. Checking Twitter can also save you time instead of trying to log in again and again while the services are down.
- Try to reinstall the game. Again, if even this doesn’t work, contact Ubisoft support.
These are the troubleshooting tips that you can use to potentially fix the Far Cry 6 not launching issue on PC, Xbox and PlayStation. Once you get things up and running, don’t forget to unlock everything using the tips and tricks in our Far Cry 6 guides.