Like most racing games, knowing the fastest characters in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe can set you up for some quick wins. And picking one is not going to be easy. Not only because there are several characters to choose from. But these characters fall under different classes and as such have different stats like their Weight, Acceleration, and more. So in order to help you out, here are the ones you can use.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Fastest Characters & Their Stats
The fastest characters purely in terms of raw Speed in this game are Wario, Dry Bowser, Bowser, Morton, and Mii (Heavy). All of these characters have the following Speed Stats:
- Ground: 4.75
- Water: 5
- Air: 5.25
- Anti-gravity (AG): 4.5
But when making a combo you should use Wario and Dry Bowser instead of the latter three. This is because while their weight is slightly lesser than the rest by 0.25. These two characters more than makeup for it with overall better stats.
And if you don’t want to completely go on the heavier side, then you can also go for Metal/Gold Mario or Pink Gold Peach. Their Speed stats are as follows:
- Ground: 4.25
- Water: 4.5
- Air: 4.75
- Anti-gravity (AG): 4
These two characters have the highest stats in the game with a total of 44.
Best Kart Combos for the Fastest Characters in MK8 Deluxe
For Wario & Dry Bowser
- Kart: Badwagon – Gives you 0.5 Ground Speed, 0.5 Weight, 0.5 Traction, and 1 Invincibility.
- Tires: Slick – Gives you 0.5 Ground and 0.5 Anti-gravity Speed, 0.25 Weight, and 0.25 Invincibility.
- Glider: Plane Glider – Gives you 0.25 Anti-gravity Speed, 0.25 Weight, and 0.25 Water Handling.
So adding up this Kart’s stats with the stats of Wario or Dry Bowser you get a total of 48.
For Pink Gold Peach & Metal/Gold Mario
- Kart: Circuit Special – Gives you 0.5 Ground and 0.25 Anti-gravity Speed, 0.25 Weight, and 0.75 Invincibility.
- Tires: Crimson Slim – Gives you 0.25 Ground and 0.5 Anti-gravity Speed, 0.25 Ground, Water, & Air Handling, and 0.25 Invincibility.
- Glider: Peach Parasol – Gives you 0.25 Anti-gravity Speed, 0.25 Acceleration, 0.25 Water & Air Handling, and 0.25 Mini-Turbo.
So adding up this Kart’s stats with the stats of Pink Gold Peach & Metal/Gold Mario you get a total of 48.
And just before concluding this guide, it is important to know that there isn’t any perfect fastest character or kart combo in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. What’s really important in this game is to find your playstyle and choose a character and kart around them. You should check out our best car combinations to try out some karts that you may find useful in online play.