There are four challenges to complete in Gauntlet of Shar, one of them is the Faith Leap trial in Baldur’s Gate 3. As the name suggests, it is to test your character’s faith. But blindly walking or jumping into the abyss ahead is more foolhardy than brave. Sure there is a chance that you might actually clear the puzzle. But why risk everything, when the game itself gives you the path? Thus there is no need to let your companions die. So here is the easy solution to the Faith-Leap Trial in BG3.
How to Solve the Faith-Leap Trial in Baldur’s Gate 3
To complete this trial, you can either walk over the invisible path to reach the Umbral Gem altar. Or you can partly walk on the invisible platforms and jump on the ones that are visible with the statues. It sounds easy but one wrong jump and your character will fall to their imminent death.
- Start the trial by interacting with the Ancient Altar.
- Here, offer one of your companion’s blood at the altar.
- Before you go any further, examine the ground before the altar. This is the path that you can directly walk on. Check out the above image.
- As you can see the path is fairly thick, so as long as you walk on the center of the path you shouldn’t fall off.
- Quick Save your game by pressing F5 so that you can quickly reload using F8 in case you happen to accidentally fall.
- Go right from the Ancient Altar and go straight.
- Next, turn left.
- Turn right and walk toward the middle statue.
- Start from the right corner of your middle statue.
- Walk toward the center.
- Once you feel you are close enough to the platform with the Umbral Gem altar.
- Jump on it.
- Interact with the altar to pick up the Umbral Gem.
- Collect it and then use the Transpositional Flux to teleport back to the Ancient Altar.
That’s all you need to do to clear the Faith-Leap trial in BG3. Don’t forget to check out our Baldur’s Gate 3 section for more help on other topics of this game.