Elden Ring, being a game that can be played online, has a range of errors cropping up since launch. One such issue is the Failed To Retrieve Latest Calibrations error which is baffling players worldwide. What does it mean and how do you fix this problem? Here are a few things you can try.
Failed To Retrieve Latest Calibrations in Elden Ring
Let’s look at the most common reasons why this could be happening to players and the troubleshooting tips to fix them:
Check your Internet Connection
- First and foremost, you need to check your internet connection. Switch to a wired connection if you are using wifi and also check your speed. If it’s fluctuating, contact your ISP. You can also reset your router to see if it makes a difference. Another thing players can do is try a different wifi connection if available.
How much speed do you need for online gaming?
- Upload speed – minimum 1-2 Mbps.
- Download speed – minimum 3 Mbps.
- Ping – Less than 45ms is good, but less than 15 is amazing.
Make sure that there are no downloads occurring on other devices connected to the same wifi and there’s no streaming going on.
Check if Elden Ring is Down
- If the internet is not the issue, find out if it’s related to Elden Ring servers being down or not. There are multiple ways to know if their servers are having issues or undergoing maintenance. In case that is happening, all you can do is wait until it is resolved. You won’t be able to play coop or PVP during this time, but once it’s fixed, you should be able to jump in right away.
Restart your Device
- The good ol’ turn it off and turn it back on trick may work for you. If you are getting this error on your Xbox or PlayStation, quit the game, shut down the console, restart and check if the error persists. As surprising as it may sound, it might just get the game running smoothly.
Update your Device
- Keep your console up-to-date by installing the latest drivers and firmware/OS for your console or PC.
If none of this works and the servers are not down either, you can contact Elden Ring support for additional assistance. Until you get a proper fix, play offline and continue your journey. This error has appeared for Dark Souls 3 players as well and for most, the problem fixed itself.
That’s all about the Failed To Retrieve Latest Calibrations error in Elden Ring. In case you end up encountering more errors in this game, be sure to check out our Elden Ring guides for more troubleshooting steps.