While there are several Gestures to unlock in Elden Ring, the Erudition Gesture is something you shouldn’t miss. Emotes or gestures are not only used to make poses but also to solve quests and unlock towers. The Erudition is one such emote that you can use to unlock the Converted Fringe Tower Puzzle. Much like other Gestures, you will unlock it by completing certain tasks. So, what can you do to unlock the Erudition Gesture? Here’s everything you should know.
How to Get the Erudition Emote in Elden Ring
In order to get the Erudition Gesture/Emote, you need to complete the Sorcerer Thops Questline. Wherein, you will get the Erudition Gesture by offering Thops an Academy Glintstone Key. Well, it is not as simple as it sounds. The Academy Glintstone Key that we need here should only be obtained from inside the Raya Lucaria Academy.
For those who don’t know, Sorcerer Thops can be found at the Church of Irith sitting on a bench. Simply exhaust the dialogues to progress on to the next step on getting the Erudition Gesture in Elden Ring.
Now, you can start your journey for finding the Academy Glintstone Key to offer it to Thops. Do not offer him the Key found at the Liurnia of the Lakes. As mentioned above, you can only give him the second Academy Glintstone Key found in the Raya Lucaria Academy. This is the only way you can get the Erudition Gesture in Elden Ring.
Since the path to get the Academy Glintstone Key is difficult, here are the directions for you:
- Fast travel to the Debate Parlor Site of Grace in Raya Lucaria Academy.
- Further, walk your way outside and reach the area with huge staircases.
- Walk your way up on the right side while tackling the enemies.
- Climb another small staircase on the top and take a left turn.
- From there, jump over the railing to land on the stairs again.
- Climb up using that staircase and take a left turn to jump & land on the rooftop.
- After that, walk on the left side of the rooftop to reach the ladder as shown in the image below:
- Now, climb that ladder and walk to the other side of the bridge.
- Take a right turn and jump down by landing on subsequent rooftops.
- You should now reach a building with a slanting rooftop. Jump on that building’s roof (on the right side).
- Enter the 1st open window and land on the thin platform.
- You will find a Chandelier hanging below on which you need to jump.
- On top of that Chandelier, you can find the Academy Glintstone Key.
Further, return to the Church of Irith and give the Key to him. After this segment, you will finally receive the Erudition Gesture in Elden Ring. Use it to solve the Converted Fringe Tower Puzzle in Elden Ring. For your reference, here’s our Guide that features the steps to solve that puzzle.
That covers everything about the Erudition Gesture in Elden Ring. While you are here, make sure to check out our Elden Ring Guides for more such content.