Online multiplayer games and connectivity issues go hand in hand, some more seriously damaging to the game than others. Elden Ring, too, has a few common error messages, including one that says Connection Error Returning To Your World. It can be a bummer for those planning to experience coop or pvp in this game, so let’s take a look at everything you can do to potentially fix it.
How to Fix “Connection Error Returning To Your World” in Elden Ring
Check your Internet Connection
- First and foremost, ensure that your internet connection is stable and not intermittent. Due to a weak connection, the game might kick you out of multiplayer gameplay with frequent disconnections. There’s also a chance that the host’s internet was problematic.
- Try to join the multiplayer of some other game to verify if your internet is the issue.
- Reset your router or power cycle it by unplugging the cable, waiting for a minute, and plugging the cables back in.
- Another thing to try would be to use a wired connection. A wifi connection can cause your internet to dip sometimes, which has nightmarish consequences in this game.
- If all else fails, talk to your ISP for an upgrade.
Check if Elden Ring Servers are Down
If the internet connection is not the problem, check if Elden Ring servers are down at that moment or not. If that is truly the case, all you can do is wait until the servers are back up and multiplayer features are online. Due to server instability, players could face lag, multiple disconnections, login errors, and more, so it’s best to avoid playing during this time in order to not lose progress. The game is so popular across all platforms that the servers often take a toll due to overload.
Try Port Forwarding
This is strictly for those players who know what they are doing when we talk about Port Forwarding, since it does get a bit more technical. Here are the necessary ports for Elden Ring thanks to portforward.com.
Wait for a Patch
If you don’t want to mess with the router settings, the best thing would be to wait until the developers fix the multiplayer in an upcoming patch. Elden Ring is a massive game and there are minor and major bugs that they are fixing in every patch, while also making enemies/weapons more and less powerful. In case you are not able to access the multiplayer mode without interruptions, you can contact Elden Ring support for additional help.
A workaround that some players are suggesting is to disable voice chat and that can be done via the game Settings > Network tab. While this has worked for a few, it is not a guaranteed fix at this point in time.
That’s all for this one. For more related to Elden Ring, check out our guides here.