COD Warzone 2.0 features plenty of game modes and gameplay mechanics for players to explore. As you progress with the DMZ mode, you need to complete different Factions Missions with your squad. You will encounter a Key Elimination mission in Tier 2 of the Legion Faction missions. During this mission, you need to eliminate a High-Value Target (HVT), loot the key from them, and use that key to unlock an area. But completing this mission can be a bit of a hassle without some extra help. So, check out our guide on how to eliminate the HVT Contract and use the key in Warzone 2 DMZ.
How to Eliminate the HVT Contract & Use the Key in Warzone 2 DMZ
As mentioned earlier, there are three main objectives to complete the Key Elimination mission in the DMZ mode. These objectives are as follows:
- Complete an Eliminate HVT Contract
- Loot a Key found on HVT or elsewhere
- Use a key to unlock a locked space
Let’s dive into each of these objectives and how to complete them in more detail.
Complete an Eliminate HVT Contract
- Firstly, you need to find the HVT Contract before you can eliminate them. For that, head over to the Mini-map and search for the green icon with a reticle.
- There are several such icons throughout the map. You can select any of the locations that are closest to you.
- As you click on this icon, it will prompt the “Eliminate HVT” ping. You need to mark and head over to that location.
- Once you reach that location, you need to search for a green cell phone that would prompt the “Eliminate the HVT” message.
- You need to accept the Contract to get the location of that HVT Contract.
Loot a Key found on HVT or Elsewhere
- Now, the mission would mark and direct you to the location of the HVT contract. This location would not be the same for all the players.
- You can head there barefoot or use a truck to ambush the enemies.
- Once you reach the location, make sure to eliminate all the enemies or soldiers. Any one of these NPC opponents can be your HVT.
- You will be prompted with the “Elimination Complete” message once you have eliminated the target.
- After you have cleared out all the NPC enemies, make sure to loot the key. You can find this key from the HVT you eliminated or around the location.
Use a Key to unlock a Locked space in Warzone 2.0 DMZ
- The looted key states the coordinates of the location of the locked space around the map.
- Similar to the previous objective, these locations would not be the same for all the players.
- For example, this key could direct you to the top floor of an Apartment, the Back room of a Burger joint, or any other location.
- Nevertheless, head over to that location and look for a locked door, floor, or other areas.
- Note that you don’t need the exact key to unlock the locked space or area. You can use any other key to unlock that area.
- As you unlock that locked area, you complete the last objective of the Key Elimination mission.
You will receive the Fanning Konnig Calling Card and 7,500 XP as a reward for completing the Key elimination mission in Warzone 2.
That’s everything covered about how to eliminate the HVT Contract and use the key in Warzone 2 DMZ. If you liked this guide, check out our more guides on where to use the Caretaker’s House Key, all DMZ mode factions, how to level up weapons fast, and more COD Warzone 2.0 Guides on our dedicated section right here on Gamer Tweak.