As”DX11 Feature Level 10.0 Is Required to Run the Engine Error” has been a traumatizing familiarity for gamers in Valorant every time the error message pops up, with a fix desperately desired. The error message appears primarily due to a pending update to your system’s graphic drivers. Player Unknown’s battlegrounds, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, Sid Meier’s Civilization V and Now Valorant (among others) – the error has found its way to screens again. In this guide, we’ll walk you through a set of fixes to effectively get Valorant DX11 Feature Level 10.0 is Required to Run the Engine Error fixed.
How to fix “Valorant DX11 Feature Level 10.0” error
These steps should help you in playing Valorant without any DX11 errors.
- Uninstall and Reinstall Valorant
- Ensure you’re running the latest DirectX version
- Consider uninstalling Vanguard
- Download and install the latest windows updates
- Scan your graphic’s driver setting for updates
Fix DX11 Error By Uninstalling and Reinstalling Valorant
The most obvious fix to most problems is simply targeting the software or application and uninstalling it, the downloading it and reinstalling it.
This step will make the installed content re-parse all files and fix any errors in a previous installation.
To uninstall Valorant, follow these steps:
- Search “Add or remove programs” in the windows start-up menu
- After clicking it, search for “Valorant” and hit uninstall
- Head to the riot games website and download Valorant, alternatively use this link.
- Restart your PC once Valorant has installed
The DX11 Feature will not appear and this will ensure Valorant will run smoothly.
Checking to see if you’re on the latest DirectX version to fix the error:
It’s possible that you’re on an older version of DirectX in which case you’ll be required to run a later version for Valorant and other app services to function without the “Fix DX11 Feature Level 10.0 Is Required to Run the Engine” error message coming up.
- Visit this link.
- The setup for DirectX’s latest version should automatically download, run the setup once downloaded and install it.
- Restart your system and launch Valorant.
- The DirectX update should stop the “DX11 Feature Level 10.0 Is Required to Run the Engine” error message from appearing, if not follow the fixes mentioned below.
Riot’s Vanguard prevents the use of unfair means on Valorant. It is also responsible for preventing many applications or services of potential problems to Valorant – from starting up or running in the background This feature of vanguard could possibly be blocking the services that get the DX11 Feature Level 10.0 error to show up. You will have to uninstall Vanguard.
- Search for “Add or remove programs” in the windows start-up menu and select it.
- Locate “Riot Vanguard” in the list of programs and select uninstall.
- Restart your system and launch Valorant.
The error message shouldn’t appear and result in a smooth launch which should see Valorant should run, if the fix still sees the error appear, refer to the other fixes mentioned by scrolling below.
Fix DX11 Error By Updating Your Windows
Your windows system frequently gets updates. These updates comprise usually of system enhancements – security, performance and among other added features included. These updates could very well work to better some drivers, optimize your system’s performance or even lower your system vulnerability to attacks.
Do this by:
- Searching “Check for updates” in the windows start menu
- Select the first option and if any, let the update download
- Let the update install
- Restart your system
- The update will provide more stability and as a result fix the DX11 error in Valorant.
Scanning Graphic Card Drivers for Updates to Fix DX11 Error
If Your system’s graphic card is what determines your system’s gaming ability, it makes sense to update your graphic card drivers regularly. This ensures support for the latest content from the manufacturer’s end for compatible content.
You can use the NVIDIA Control Panel to update your graphic card drivers. You can also update the drivers via NVIDIA GeForce Experience for NVIDIA Graphic cards.
To fix DX11 error for Valorant in NVIDIA Control Panel:
- Search for “NVIDIA Control Panel” in the windows start menu and select the first option
- Once opened, navigate to the help menu and select “Updates”
- You’ll get an option to enable automatic updates and customize it as per your preference
- Once updated, restart your system and launch Valorant
To fix DX11 error for Valorant with NVIDIA GeForce Experience:
Search for NVIDIA GeForce Experience in the Windows start menu and select the first result
- Click on Drivers and either select “Check for Updates” or “Update”
- Install the download once it’s complete
- Restart your system and launch Valorant
- Check if the DX11 feature error is fixed in Valorant
To fix error for AMD Graphics Cards, head to the AMD driver and setup page and search for “Auto-Detect and Install Updates for Radeon Graphics and Ryzen Chipset Drivers for Windows”, alternatively click the link here.
- On the page, locate and click the “DOWNLOAD NOW” button which will initiate the download of the AMD Driver Auto-detect tool
- Run the downloaded file and then install it
- Once the update is complete, restart your system and launch Valorant
The update will ensure the best and most optimized settings to run Valorant
Since The Graphic Card Driver updates should be the best fix to the DX11 Feature Level 10.0 error message, this fix should be the end to your turmoil, enabling you to smoothly run Valorant. In the scenario this fix still brings up the DX11 Feature Level 10.0 error message, your system may have a few hardware limitations and you might need to upgrade your graphic card to support the games or applications you wish to run.
This guide was to help you figure out ways to get the “DX11 Feature Level 10.0 Is Required to Run the Engine” error fixed, we hope it helped! If you liked this guide, try checking out the Best Agents To Play Valorant.