Sony announced the arrival of DualSense Edge for PlayStation 5 and players are wondering if it is worth it compared to the previous PS5 controller DualSense. While it is quite debatable which one you should get, there is no doubt that the new one is making waves. So let’s check out this guide to see the specs, prices, and whether the controller is for regular players or professional gamers.
PlayStation 5 DualSense vs DualSense Edge
DualSense has been around for quite a long time and it’s safe to say that PlayStation players absolutely love it. It has been quite smooth and easy to use and hence it has been the pick for players. But now that DualSense Edge is on the floor, is that about to change for gamers, pro and casual alike? Read this PlayStation 5 DualSense vs DualSense Edge to understand that.
PS5 DualSense Edge Specs & What’s New
Once you purchase the DualSense Edge, you’ll be treated to a nice carrying case with the following items in it:
- DualSense Edge wireless controller
- USB braided cable
- 2 Standard Caps
- 2 High Dome Caps
- 2 Low Dome Caps
- 2 Half Dome Back Buttons
- 2 Lever Back Buttons
- Connector Housing
- Carrying Case
Apart from that, these are the following things that are new in PlayStation 5 DualSense Edge:
- Starting with something that players will love the most, DualSense Edge comes with two additional buttons at the back that can be customized. You can use them as any controls of the game as you deem fit.
- Next up, you can adjust the top trigger lengths as per your wish. The buttons can either be short while clicking or extended to the very end.
- One of the most exciting features in PlayStation 5 DualSense Edge is multiple profiles can be used with the controller.
- Along with that, you can also customize your controls and preset them to swap in the middle.
- DualSense Edge also has changeable Stick Caps and Replaceable stick modules upon external purchase.
- There are two additional buttons under the sticks, one to swap between preset controller profiles and the other to adjust game volume and chat balance.
While the notable difference between PlayStation 5 DualSense and DualSense Edge would be design and the colors available, you would still want to know if it is worth it.
Is DualSense Edge Worth the Price for PS5?
The prices for DualSense and DualSense Edge is $69.99 & $199.99 respectively. Considering the size of upgrade that Sony brings, $199.99 might be worth the upgrade. Since you also have the option to replace the stick modules on purchase, the controller might last longer than the ordinary one. Considering all this, the next question that many would have in mind is if DualSense Edge is for casual gamers or pro players.
Is PlayStation 5 DualSense Edge for Pro Players or Casual Gamers?
If we are to consider the price and the size of the upgrades, DualSense Edge is definitely a PS5 controller for pro players. As a casual gamer, the purchase would be spending unnecessary money for features that are more useful for professionals. As a Streamer or a professional gamer, we recommend you head to PlayStation and get this controller as soon as possible. Before you do that, we recommend you also check out DualSense Edge vs Xbox Elite 2.
That’s all there is on PlayStation 5 DualSense vs DualSense Edge. While you are here, make sure you check out our other Guides right here at Gamer Tweak.