DOTA 2 released back in 2013 but this MOBA by Valve is still going strong. At the time of writing, it has 357,879 current players and is #2 in the list of top games by current player count, only beaten by CSGO. This proves its longevity and fame due to which more and more players are joining in daily. So, if you get the DOTA 2 cannot queue for matchmaking at this time error, what should you do to fix it? Here’s a simple fix that works.
How to Fix DOTA 2 Cannot Queue For Matchmaking At This Time Error
Try these steps to resolve the DOTA 2 matchmaking queue issue.
Check your Internet Connection
This is the first thing you need to check whenever there’s a matchmaking issue. If that’s the problem, then reset your router and try to join the matchmaking queue again. But if not, try the fixes mentioned below.
Restart DOTA 2
The classic ‘turn it off and then turn it on’ fix holds true in this case as well. This seems to be the fix that has worked for most players, as per the comments on various Reddit threads.
Custom Lobby Trick
Creating a custom lobby, leaving it and then searching is another something you can try if restarting didn’t do the trick.
Check the DOTA 2 Server Status
If you are getting issues with matchmaking, login or any other connection problems, chances are that DOTA 2 servers are down. Make sure to check the server status – this is how you can do it easily.
- Head to Downdetector website to know if there’s any outage or downtime going on.
- Check the official @DOTA2 Twitter account for any updates regarding problems or maintenance period.
- Search Twitter or Reddit to see if other players from the community are mentioning the same issues.
- Lastly, check the DOTA 2 forums for any announcements or messages.
- If the servers are down, all you can do at that point is wait until the developers get the servers back up again.
That’s basically what you can do to fix the DOTA 2 Cannot Queue For Matchmaking At This Time error. This problem seems to come up often since quite a few years, so remember this fix every time this happens.
In case you are a new player trying out this game and need more help with DOTA 2, check out our guides on Gamer Tweak.