Hogwarts Legacy features a plethora of magical spells and charms that you can unlock as you progress. If you are a Potterhead, you would know about the Disarming charm or more commonly known Expelliarmus spell. After all, this was the charm that obliterated He who should not be named. But can you unlock this spell in the game? You can, but there are some prerequisites that you have to complete to master this Charm. So, check out our guide on how to learn Disarming Charm or Expelliarmus in Hogwarts Legacy to find out.
How to Learn Disarming Charm in Hogwarts Legacy (Expelliarmus)
You can unlock and learn Disarming Charm or Expelliarmus by completing Professor Hecat’s Assignment 2 in Hogwarts Legacy. As it is also the main story quest, you don’t have to worry about missing this quest. You receive this quest early in the game once you have completed the Tomes and Tribulations main story quest. You must be at least on level 7 to complete this Class assignment or main quest.
So, here’s how to unlock the Disarming Charm or Expelliarmus:
- Firstly, head over and Report to Professor Hecat who will give you this quest.
- The quest is relatively easy and comprises completing two main objectives. These are as follows:
- Successfully avoid enemy attacks by Dodging rolling 10 times.
- Cast Incendio or the Fire-Making Charm 5 times on your enemies.
- Once you have completed these objectives, head back to Professor Hecat. You can find her in the Defence against Dark Arts classroom in the Astronomy wing.
- Interact and talk to her who will state that you are ready to learn Expelliarmus.
- Then, simply hit the required keybinds or buttons to learn the Disarming charm.
Along with learning the Expelliarmus or Disarming Charm, you also get a reward of 150 XP. As you complete this quest, you also unlock the next main story quest titled the Jackdaw’s Rest.
That’s everything covered about how to learn Disarming Charm or Expelliarmus in Hogwarts Legacy. If you liked this guide, check out our guides on how to get Avada Kedavra, how to identify Gear Items, how to find Mandrake Plant, and more Hogwarts Legacy Guides on our dedicated section right here on Gamer Tweak.