Want to relive your memories of playing Diablo 2 with your friends via the Resurrected version? You can totally do that by teaming up in a party and being a bada** team. In this quick Diablo 2 Resurrected guide, I will walk you through the process of adding friends and playing coop multiplayer with them easily.
How to Invite & Add friends in Diablo 2 Resurrected and Play Multiplayer
Follow the simple steps below to invite and add friends and play with them in Diablo 2 Resurrected. Note that you can only play with friends online and there is no option to play couch co-op or via LAN.
- Choose your character on the main menu.
- Ensure that the Online tile is highlighted.
- Click on the Lobby button beside Play.
- Now you need to click on “Create Game” in the new menu.
- Type in your Game Name, for your friend to search.
- You can type in a password to make your game Private.
- Optional you can use the description area to switch or select the server you like.
- Once done, share your Game Name and Password with your friend to invite them.
- Now they can use these details to find your game from “Join Game”.
- Once they join you and you can start playing together in your own Private Game.
Does Diablo 2 Resurrected have Crossplay?
Unfortunately, Diablo 2 Resurrected does not support crossplay nor cross platform coop multiplayer at launch. So, if you were planning to play with your friends on different platforms, it will not be possible. You can only play with those who are on the same platform as you. In case you play the game on PC, you won’t be able to play with console players. You can only join other PC players. It seems that crossplay won’t be added to the game in the future too so it’s best we don’t keep our hopes up.
Is there Cross Progression?
Yes, there is cross progression in Diablo 2 Resurrected. This means you can continue your progress from where you left off irrespective of the platform you are playing on. All you have to do is link your battle.net account and then you can carry over your progress between PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, or Nintendo Switch.
That’s everything you need to know about how to play Diablo 2 Resurrected Multiplayer with friends and if the game supports crossplay and cross progression. While you are here, don’t forget to check out more of our Diablo 2 Resurrected Guides like how to Reset Skills, Controls Guide, Crashing Fix, and more.