You have to Beat King Hrolf in God of War Ragnarok to complete the favor Fit for a King. This fight can be quite tough as this boss has a decently big health bar. And he also uses several attacks that you can’t parry. So in this guide check out all the moves he uses, and how to Defeat King Hrolf in God of War Ragnarok.
How to Defeat King Hrolf in God of War Ragnarok
You can beat Berserker King Hrolf by chipping his health away and using your Draupnir spear when he gets the Enhanced Life bar. Other weapons work equally well but this is the one recommended for this fight. Here are the moves he uses and how you can counter them:
- Hammer Pound: King Hrolf raises his hammer and pounds it on the ground. You will see him prepare the attack so you get a few seconds to run away from it. You should block this attack because if it connects you will easily lose around 1/3rd of your HP.
- Jump Smack: King Hrolf jumps and smacks two hammers on the ground to try and smash Kratos flat. This attack has red rings for its indication. So make sure you evade it to dodge it.
- Hammer Thrust Dash: Hrolf moves back and then dashes quickly while Thrusting his hammer. This attack is also indicated by red rings so you should evade it to properly dodge it.
- Hammer Charge: King Hrolf takes two maces on both his hands and begins charging them. This attack has a blue indication. So quickly rush at him and press L1 twice to interrupt his charge and attack him.
- Ice projectiles: He jumps in the air and launches three homing ice projectiles in the direction of Kratos. This attack is also not blockable so you should evade it to avoid getting hit by it.
- Punches: This is a standard attack. King Hrolf tries to punch Kratos a few times. You can parry this attack.
- Ice ball: This is a slow projectile that King Hrolf throws toward Kratos. You can destroy it using your Leviathan Axe. It can do a lot of damage to you if not dodged or broken on time.
These are basically all the moves he uses in the fight. When his health reaches half he turns his HP gray and gets the Enhanced Life bar. You need to chip it away until he gets his usual health back.
That covers this guide on how to Defeat Berserker King Hrolf in God of War Ragnarok. If you are looking for more such fights then check our guide on how to beat Blatonn. And for more things on this game be sure to check our God of War Ragnarok Wiki.