Dead By Daylight is developed by Behaviour Interactive. It is a Survival Horror game that supports online features. And when a game has online support, you should expect the servers to experience occasional hiccups once in a while. Servers can go down for any reason be it outage or for maintenance or maybe be an overload of players. So in this guide let us take a look at how to check the server status of Dead By Daylight (DBD) and see if the servers are down.
Are Dead By Daylight (DBD) Servers Down? How to Check Server Status
- Check the official Twitter account: You can follow @DeadByBHVR on Twitter for any updates on your favorite game. Not only do they post here about any new updates for the game, but also about the servers’ current status. This is the best place to find if the servers are, or will be in maintenance and if they are back online after an outage.
- Visit Downdetector: Downdetector is a site where you can easily see all the issues reported by the players in the past 24 hours.
- Check your Consoles’ Online Status: You can check the PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo online service status. There is a good chance the game is not at fault but your consoles’ service is in maintenance.
If the servers are down, then you have can wait for them to go back online. But, in case the servers are working then you can try some of these general fixes:
- Test your connection: If the servers are fine then you might be having issues with your internet connection. You can check your internet by playing other online games or by doing a speed test.
- Restart your system: You can simply restart your PC or console, once it restarts try playing the game again. This might feel like a very basic fix, but it works wonders in many situations.
- Refresh your connection: Your internet might be working but not as it is supposed to or at a stable pace. And you can fix that by refreshing your connection. If you play wirelessly you can reboot your router to refresh it. And if you play via a wired connection then simply plug out and plug in the Ethernet cable after waiting for a couple of seconds.
That sums up this guide on how to check Dead by Daylight (DBD) Server Status and if the servers are down. In case you happen to face error code 8001 in DBD, then we have you covered with a guide on how to fix it.