Are you looking to fix the 8001 error code in Xbox Dead by Daylight? Then you are at the right place. We have figured out an easy solution to fix your problem right here in this guide. So without further ado let’s look at this and get right back into the game.
How to Fix Error Code 8001 in Dead by Daylight?
To fix the 8001 error code in Dead by Daylight, you need to delete and clear your cache in the Xbox console. There are two different ways to do this. The issue can also happen if the server issue is happening from the dev’s side. So let’s look at how to fix these issues:
- Clear Xbox Persistent Cache Storage
- Power Cycle Xbox
- Check Server Status
- Check Xbox Live Status
Clear Xbox Persistent Cache Storage
Clearing the bad cache from your Xbox console will fix Dead by Daylight error 8001 instantly. Here’s how to do this:
- Press the Xbox button in the middle of your controller.
- From the side menu, go to Profile & System using RB, D-pad, or LS.
- Click on the Settings.
- Inside the Settings menu, go down to Disc & Blu-Ray.
- Click on Persistent Storage.
- Now select Clear Persistent Storage.
Now your cache will be cleared. Open the game and check again. If the issue persists then move on to the next option.
Power Cycle Xbox Console
Here’s how to power cycle your console:
- Press the Xbox button on the front of the console.
- Hold it for 10 seconds to turn off your console completely.
- Unplug the main power cable.
- Wait 10 seconds to reset the console’s power supply
- Plug back the power c
- able to the console.
- Turn on your Xbox, and check the game now.
Now the 8001 Error Code must be completely fixed for you.
Check Server Status
If you are still unable to access the game services then check the official Twitter account of the game to check if there is any maintenance scheduled or if the servers are down due to other issues. If nothing mentioned here, move on to the next option below.
Check Xbox Live Status
Go to Xbox Services to check if the Xbox live is having trouble with the game. If all the previous steps did not fix your error code, the issue will be with Xbox Live support for the game. Check the staus on the page to know when you can expect a solution. Once the service back online, you can log in to your game.
That’s everything you need to know about how to fix Error Code 8001 in Dead by Daylight. If you are an avid fan of the game, then make sure to check out our Dead by Daylight Guides for more tips & tricks.