Playing Dead by Daylight and getting the DBD Initialization error? Here are some fixes that you can try out. When this error pops up, you will get a message: The game has initialized incorrectly and may not save your game properly. This issue is coming up on PC as well as consoles. Let’s look at the potential fixes for this problem.
How to Fix Dead By Daylight Initialization Error (2021)
To solve the DBD Initialization Error, you can try the following steps:
- Restart the game.
- Open the NAT if it’s closed.
- Enable Steam Cloud Synchronization for Dead by Daylight.
- Power cycle your console.
- Clear the persistent storage from your console’s settings.
- Check if there’s an ongoing server issue.
Now, the very first thing you should try is restarting the game but it won’t always work. If that’s the case, move on to the other methods to try.
In order to open the NAT, you have to head to the router settings and enable uPnP. This will allow the game to use the appropriate ports which will help you connect with the game.
How do I fix the DBD Initialization Error with Steam Cloud Synchronization?
To enable Steam Cloud Synchronization for Dead by Daylight, here’s how:
- Launch the game and keep it running in the background.
- Open your Steam Library.
- Find Dead by Daylight.
- Right click on it and select Properties.
- Click on the Updates section.
- Remove the tick on Enable Steam Cloud Synchronization for DBD.
- Click on OK.
- Close the game that was running in the background.
- Head to your Steam installation directory.
- Find the file named remotecache and remote folder and delete them.
- Next, go back to your Steam library > Dead by Daylight > Properties.
- Check Enable Steam Cloud Synchronization for DBD under Updates and click on Ok.
- Close Steam.
- Then, relaunch Steam and start Dead by Daylight.
How to Do a Power Cycle
- Press and hold the power button of your console.
- Do this for 10 seconds until the light goes off.
- Remove the power plug.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Put the power plug back in.
- Restart your console.
Lastly, to clear the corrupted persistent storage, you have to head to your console’s settings and clear it from there.