Days Gone Best Skills Guide – Top Survival Skills To Unlock First
Survival is everything in Days Gone, you cannot miss these top skills.
Survival in Days Gone on mere basics is impossible, you are not just surrounded by zombies but cults, gangs and at some point armed soldiers. Survival is everything in Days Gone and we bring you the best survival skills you must unlock first. In this Days Gone best abilities and upgrade guide, we give you the list of top survival skills you have to focus first and then you can pick anything from the tree that has 15 skills in total. All skills require Skill points to unlock you will earn as you progress through the main story.
Top Survival Skills To Unlock First
1). Thief In Night:
Deacon generates noise while walking and jumping. This skill is very important because it reduces the noises so that no one can track you easily. The same works for Freakers. It will add strength to your stealth attacks, and an important skill to unlock early in the game.
- How To Unlock: Requires 2 Skill Point. The skills fall in the second row of Survival Skill tree below Eagle Eye. To unlock this one, you will need the first skill also so overall you will need 4 Skills to point to unlock Thief In Night.
2). Catch Your Breath:
Second most important skill you will need to escape fast from freakers. Running consume stamina and it requires time to cooldown. With this skill, you can reduce that and run more in the game.
- How To Unlock: Requires 4 Skill Point. The skills fall in the third row of the Survival Skill tree below The Butcher. To unlock this one, you will need the first skill also so overall you will need 8 Skills to point to unlock Catch Your Breath.
3). Monkey Wrench:
Deacon has only his Bike to escape as fast as possible from a horde of freakers or from a cultist. The bike is weak at the start and can breakdown with time. You have to gather parts to fix and this skill Monkey Wrench works on that. It will reduce the amount of scarp you will need to fix your bike, so it is a very important skill.
- How To Unlock: Requires 6 Skill Point. The skills fall in the fourth row of Survival Skill.
4). Carry That Weight:
Inventory has a limited space, to carry more you will need Carry That Weight skill. This skill will allow you to carry more Crafting Components, Traps and Throwables. So it is important to get this first really early in the game.
- How To Unlock: Requires 6 Skill Point. The skills fall in the fourth row of Survival Skill, below Monkey Wrench. To unlock this you will need Monkey Wrench first, so overall you need 12 skill points to unlock Carry That Weight.
5). The Alchemist:
All three skills in the last row of the Survival skill tree are important. The first one is The Alchemist that improves the initial recovery and duration of health cocktail.
- How To Unlock: Requires 8 Skill Point. The skills fall in the fifth row of Survival Skill.
6). Shape Up:
The skill significantly increases stamina regeneration rates. Something you will need a lot in the game. Stamina is linked with your running, sprinting, etc. So more stamina means more performance and you have a lot more power to run away from freakers or escape a horde. The skill will increase the stamina regeneration so you cannot miss it.
- How To Unlock: Requires 8 Skill Point. The skills fall in the fifth row of Survival Skill, below The Alchemist. To unlock this you will need it first, so overall you need 16 skill points to unlock Carry That Weight.
There is one final skill under the final row that is Six Feet Up, it again requires 8 skill points to unlock and the best thing about this is it will add stamina when you take damage. Some more skills you can focus later on is Hawkeyed, the first skill in Survival tree, it will help you spot plants and Green Thumb that will increase your ability to carry more plants. You can share it with camps to gain trust. For more details on all skills in the skill tree, you can read our guides on Ranged Skills, Survival Skills, and Melee Skills.