In Skyrim, you can get rid of being a Vampire after you cure your Vampirism. Turning into a Vampire might sound cool, and it certainly is too. You get many perks for becoming a Vampire. But with the passives and new spells, you also get some weaknesses. Notably not being able to go outside in the sunlight. Thus you can see why many players want to get rid of it. So in this guide let us check how to Cure Vampirism in Skyrim.
How to Cure Vampirism in Skyrim
You will have to go to Falion in Morthal to get the cure for vampirism in this game. There are in fact two cures, this cure is for when your disease has reached the next step of Sanguinare Vampiris. If you still haven’t completely contracted this stage of the disease then you can cure it even faster. Let us check both the ways to cure Vampirism in this game.
Treating Sanguinare Vampiris using Shrine
This method is useful when you just contract the virus.
- Go to any shrine in the game.
- Next, activate it.
- You have 3 days from when you contract Sanguinare Vampiris to cure it using a Shrine. Once this time is over you will turn into a Vampire.
Performing the Ritual to Cure Vampirism in Skyrim
If you can no longer use the Shrine then this method will work for you.
- Go to any inn and talk to a Bartender.
- Next, ask them if they have heard any rumors.
- They will inform you about Falion of Morthal, a guy that has studied and knows about Vampires.
- Next, go and talk to Falion at Morthal.
- He will tell you to fill a Black soul gem that you can do by killing someone. You can buy the Black Soul Gem from Falion himself. He will sell it to you in exchange for gold.
- Once you get the Black Soul Gem the next step is to fill it.
- To fill it, cast a soul trap on some NPC and then kill them.
- After you have filled the gem go and talk to Falion to update him about the same and ask him to perform the ritual.
- He will then tell you to meet him at the Ritual site at Dawn.
- Go there at dawn and let him perform the ritual. Once done you will no longer have Vampirism.
Make sure you are not blood starved when meeting Falion for the ritual. Because if you do he will start attacking you in defense. You can get rid of being blood starved by feeding on any human.
That covers this guide on how to cure Vampirism in Skyrim. Since you like playing this game check out our other guides on how to leave the werewolf form and get a house in raven rock.