With the recent release of the open beta for COD Modern Warfare 2, the entire community is excited to check it out. Due to this release, PS players can check out the game early before its release. But its beta version doesn’t launch without a hitch. That being said, several COD players in the community are encountering crashing issues. So, here’s our guide on how to fix the Modern Warfare 2 Beta keeps crashing issue on PS4 and PS5.
How to fix the COD Modern Warfare 2 Keeps Crashing Issue (PS4 & PS5)
There could be several reasons for the crashing issues in COD Modern Warfare 2 Beta. One of the most prompted is the CE-108255 – 1 error that keeps on restricting the players from playing MW 2 beta. Speaking of its beta phase, the devs will keep on working on the game to make several changes in the future.
But until then, here are some potential methods to fix these issues:
Restarting Modern Warfare 2
This classic method works for most cases.
- For many COD players, restarting their MW 2 Beta worked out pretty fine.
- While it took a couple of restarts for some players, it took a single restart for some to solve the crashing issues.
- If it didn’t fix the crashing issues, we suggest rebooting your console (PS4 or PS5).
- Then, launch the COD Modern Warfare 2 to check if the issues resolve.
Rebuild Database (PS4 Players)
Follow the below steps:
- Firstly, switch off your PS4 console by pressing and holding your power button.
- After turning it off, press and hold the power button, again.
- Release the button as the console beeps for the second time. This means that your console has entered Safe mode.
- Now, press the PS button on your controller. You need to select the option to Rebuild Database.
- Wait for some time to finish the process and launch the game to check if it resolves the issue.
Reinstalling COD MW 2 Beta & Rebuild Database (PS5 Players)
There is a potential fix for the players encountering this issue on their PS5 console. This method is recommended by the official PS support page on their website. Follow the below steps:
- You need to delete the game by heading to the Settings > Storage option. Then, install it on the console again.
- Similar to the PS4, you need to enter the console in safe mode. You can do so by turning off your console.
- Then, press and hold the power button until you hear a second beep.
- As you have started the console in safe mode, select the Rebuild Database option. This should hopefully resolve the issue.
- If it doesn’t, take the backup of your game data and reset your console.
- You will find the option to reset by heading to Settings > System > System Software > Reset PS5.
If the above methods don’t work out for you, we suggest contacting the PlayStation Support page.
That’s everything covered about how to fix the Modern Warfare 2 Beta crashing issue on PS4 and PS5 consoles. If you liked this guide, check out our other guides on will the beta progress carry over and how to redeem the open BETA Code in COD MW 2 right here on Gamer Tweak.