Digimon Survive is one of Bandai Namco’s latest RPG/Virtual Novels where players make all kinds of choices that will affect what happens in the game as well as with their Digimon. As you play the game, you will find that there are a lot of cutscenes to go through. However, recently, players have noticed that there seems to be a lag after the same when they try to play the game. Others have noticed that the game simply crashes every time they try to launch it. If you too are facing one or both of these issues then this is the guide for you. Here, we will show you how to fix the Digimon Survive crash at launch and lag or crashing after cutscene issues on PC.
Digimon Survive: How to Fix the Crashing or Lag Issue at Launch and After Cutscene on PC
Sometimes these errors are due to bugs and others due to connectivity errors. No matter the platform, players will always face these problems. Of course, over time, the game will get better but the issues do remain. Here are all of the solutions that you need to follow in order to fix the crash or lag at launch and after the cutscene error:
- Adjust K-lite Settings
- Verify Digimon Survive Files
- Update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- Update GPU Drivers
- Disable Antivirus and Firewall Programs
- Install All Pending Windows Updates
- Run the game as an Administrator
While some of these are self-explanatory, we will explore the step-by-step process needed to be followed for the rest.
Adjust K-lite Settings
If you find that your Digimon Survive game is lagging especially after a cutscene then this solution was specifically made for you. If you have the K-Lite codec installed then you can easily fix it with this solution. Here is how you can adjust your K-Lite settings on your PC:
- Go to the following location
- C:\Program Files (x86)\K-Lite Codec Pack\Tools
- Now, open the CodecTweakTool.exe
- Find Codec and Filter Management and click on Preferred Splitters
- Now, select Use Merit under .MP4 .M4V .MP4V .MPV4
- Click on Apply & Close
This should fix your lagging issue after a cutscene on your game. If this doesn’t work for you then go to the next solution.
Verify Digimon Survive Files
Often, the reason your system cannot run the game is that certain files are missing or damaged. Don’t worry though, here’s how you can fix this issue easily:
- Launch your Steam Game Launcher
- Go to your Library
- Right-click on Digimon Survive
- Click on Properties
- Go to Local Files
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files
- Wait for the process to complete
- Now restart your system
And done, you should be all set to launch Digimon Survive with no issue. If not, then look at the next solution.
Update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
To update your Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable follow these simple steps:
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard
- This will open the Start Menu
- Type in apps & features on the search bar
- Open Apps & Features
- Click on all of the Microsoft Visual C++ programs
- Uninstall all of these programs
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process
- Go to the official Microsoft website
- Download the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
- Once installed, restart your system
If this also stops working, then look at the next solution.
Update GPU Drivers
Make sure that your device driver is constantly updated to keep it from lagging or glitching when you have your gaming sessions. To update your driver on Windows, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously
- The Run dialogue box should appear
- Type in devmgmt.msc and click on OK
- The Device Manager will now open up
- Click on Device Adapters
- You will now see the Display Driver for your system
- Right Click on your driver
- Now select Update Driver
- A window will open up asking ‘how do you want to update the driver?’
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software
- Now follow the Wizard till your system has been properly updated
You will have to restart your system soon after to complete the process. Once this is done, you can check to see whether you are able to play the game easily or not. If not then go to the next solution.
Disable Antivirus and Firewall Programs
Although it means well, sometimes, your antivirus can come in the way of your apps from functioning properly. Temporarily disabling it will allow the game to run smoothly without your antivirus affecting its performance.
This was your guide on how to fix the Digimon Survive crash at launch and lag or crashing after cutscene issue on PC. If you found this guide helpful then check out this one on how to get Greymon in Digimon Survive.