Many users are trying to fix issues in Elden Ring with their controller not working or not recognizing. So Today will be gathering some solutions found by the community of gamers through different social media and sharing them here to solve them for you. So let’s get right into it.
Controller Not Working in Elden Ring Steam (Fix)
Here’s how to fix the controller not working in Elden Ring Steam:
- Quit Elden Ring & all running steam processes
- Now start your Steam Client again
- Click on “View”
- Now click on “Big Picture Mode”
- Select “Controller Settings”
- Enable “Xbox Configuration Support”
- Also, enable “Generic Gamepad Configuration Support”
- Now go back to normal Steam Client
- Click on “Library”
- Now right click on “Elden Ring”
- Select “Properties”
- Click on the “Controller” tab
- Find “Override for Elden Ring”
- Click on “Enable Steam Input” dropdown
- Your controller should show up here
- Make sure it is “Enabled”
- Disable Nvidia & Steam Overlays
- Unplug Key
- Restart Steam and launch “Elden Ring”
If you are still having trouble, then follow the below steps:
- Unplug other controllers & unused USB dongles
- Start “Task Manager”
- Force Close all other controller software
- Restart Steam and launch Elden Ring
How to Fix Ps4 & Ps5 Controller Not Recognizing in Elden Ring?
Here’s how to fix the controller not recognizing in Elden Ring:
- You need DS4Windows to be able to play FH5 with a PS4 or PS5 Controller.
- Head to the Github link ryochan7.github.io, click on the green Download Now button and download the zip file.
- Don’t forget to check out the system requirements for the same and if your PC matches it. If you need specific downloads such as Microsoft .NET 5.0, the links are provided on the github page itself.
- Download and install them.
- After the download is completed, find it in your folder and cut it from there.
- Create a new folder on your desktop and paste the file inside it.
- Extract the zip file within that folder.
- From the files that have been extracted, click on the Application of DS4Windows.
- Head to the Settings tab of DS4Windows and tick “Hide DS4 Controller”.
- Now, you can connect your PS4/PS5 controller.
- Go to Device Manager > Human Interface Devices > Click on the controller option and right-click it > Enable Device.
- Do this if the PC does not detect your controller right away.
- After all of these steps, launch Elden Ring with the DS4Windows running.
- Alt + Tab into the DS4Windows pop-up and untick the “Hide DS4 Controller” option.
- In case your controller gets disconnected, tick the Hide DS4 Controller option and untick it again.
- You may even have to do the process of “Enable Device” one more time to get the controller detected again.
That’s everything you need to know about how to fix issues in Elden Ring with the controller not working or not recognizing. While you are here, make sure to check out our Elden Ring Guides for more interesting tips & tricks, like How to summon friends and play coop.