Just gathering items or rather materials won’t be of much use in Sons of the Forest, you should also combine them. This will allow you to get weapons, armor, or other useful items that will help you survive many more nights. So without further ado, here is a quick guide on how to craft items in Sons of the Forest, and where to find materials for them.
How to Craft by Combining Items in Sons of the Forest
To craft or combine items in this game you need to use your inventory. The process is very easy, but you also need to have the recipe unlocked for the item that you want to get before you can combine the different materials. Here is what you need to do:
- Collect the different materials that you plan on combining.
- Press the I-key to open your inventory.
- Add the items to the gray mat in the center by right-clicking them. For example, to make the Tech Armor you will need:
- Tech Mesh x1
- Circuit Board x1
- Batteries x1
- Wire x1
- Duct Tape x1
- Finally, click on the cogwheel gear icon in the top right corner to combine.
- Once the process is over you will get the new item, in this case, the Tech Armor.
- Equip it by left-clicking on it to start using the newly crafted weapon or armor.
The above process also works if you plan to make items or weapons like Spears, Bows, or other things.
Where to Find Materials for Combining?
Depending on the Item that you want to craft there are different places you will need to go. For materials like Ink or Batteries, you can find them in the 3D Printer room. Some materials you will need to print like the Tech Mesh. Materials like logs or sticks can be found in different areas of the world. And for most other items you will either need to explore caves or open any loot boxes you come across.
That covers this guide on how to combine items to craft in Sons of the Forest. Don’t forget to check out our Sons of the Forest section for more help on this game.