For players that are just starting to play Elden Ring, you should use the Colossal Knight build, especially if your starting class was Vagabond or Hero. This is a strength-based build, that focuses on making you use heavy weapons. These are good for dealing lots of damage in just a few hits. The catch is they are quite slow to use. So in this guide check out the best Colossal Knight build to use in Elden Ring.
Best Colossal Knight Build to Use in Elden Ring
The best Colossal Knight build consists of:
- Weapon: Greatsword
- Armor: Knight Set
- Ash of War: Barbaric Roar or War Cry.
A Colossal Knight Build typically requires your character to be at least level 50. And one of the most important stats you level up here is your strength. This is because this build needs you to wield heavy swords. After getting the most powerful weapon for your level. Your next focus is on getting Heavy Armor. A heavy armor lets you absorb some damage in case you do get hit, but your armor also needs to be light enough for you to be able to perform Medium rolls.
Thus here is why you should use these equipment.
- Greatsword: This is an excellent weapon that you can get quite early in the game from Caelid. This is quite a heavy weapon as its Weight is 23. So in order to use it you need:
- Strength: 31
- Dexterity: 12
- But the best part of this weapon is its high attack damage and the ability to use any Ash of War of your choice. And you can also buff it with the help of consumables. Thus making it a very powerful weapon, especially when dual-handling it.
- Knight Set: This is a very good option when it comes to Armor as you can get it by buying it from the Twin Maiden Husks at Roundtable Hold. And the armor isn’t too heavy so you shouldn’t face any fat roll issues while using it. It has the following stats:
- Physical damage negation: 24.6
- VS Strike damage negation: 23.6
- VS Slash damage negation: 26.5
- VS Pierce damage negation: 26.5
- Stat Distribution: When distributing your Stats, first prioritize leveling up your Strength to 31 and Dexterity to 12. As that will allow you to use the Greatsword. After that, you should focus on leveling up your Vigor and Endurance. Vigor increases your HP while Endurance your Stamina.
Colossal Knight Build Lite
In case you haven’t even reached level 50 yet but still, want to join in on the fun. Then here is some build that you can use while you level up.
- Weapon: Zweihander
- Armor: Vagabond Knight Set
- Stat Distribution: The stat Distribution here is the same as well. First focus on increasing your Strength and Dexterity to be able to use the Zweihander. After that increase your Vigor and Endurance.
That covers this guide on the best Colossal Knight build to use in Elden Ring. If you are better leveled up then I suggest you check out our Best Colossal Sword build. And for other things on this game don’t miss out on our Elden Ring section.