If you play Minecraft, you may find the need to change your username. This process can be a little complex, especially if you are doing it for the first time. In this article, we will show you how you can do so.
How to Change your Username in Minecraft?
Check out how you can change your Minecraft username with the steps below:
- If you play Minecraft on console, you will unfortunately not be able to change your username. This is because the game uses your PlayStation or Xbox Live username by default.
- The same applies to Minecraft Pocket Edition users.
- If you play Minecraft on PC however, things are much different. You can change your username with a few simple steps, which we will now discuss.
- To begin the process, you will first need to visit the official Mojang website.
- Enter your relevant details and then proceed with the login process.
- After you complete the login process, you will find the Profile Name section. It should be located somewhere near the center of the screen.
- You will find the Change option under the Profile Name section.
- Click on it and type in your desired username. Check the availability for the username by clicking on the button next to it.
- After you do so, reconfirm your password by entering it in the box below the username.
- Once you do so, click on Change Username.
- Doing so will change your username. You need to remember that you will not be able to edit your username if your account was created in the last 30 days. Also, you are only allowed to change your username once every 30 days.
- If you change your username, it will not affect your profile name on the Minecraft website.
This is how you can change your username on Minecraft. As already mentioned, you will unfortunately not be able to do so on the console and Pocket Edition versions of the game. Remember to choose a username that features special characters such as underscores ” _ “.
If you liked this article, check out how to enable cheats in Minecraft.