Are you wondering how to change the difficulty level mid-game in Sons of the Forest? Then you are at the right place as this guide is all you will need. While the game is going to remain terrifying and challenging, you might at times want to change your difficulty level as you might be finding it easier or far more difficult. Of course, you would want to understand all difficulty levels in the game. Now that you would know which level you want to select, check out the steps you need to complete in order to change the level.
Do Note that the steps below involve some technical know-how. Follow the steps only if you are sure that you know what to do.
How to Change Difficulty Level in Sons of the Forest
Since difficulty levels can be quite different than what you anticipated, there might come a time when you want to change it without affecting your progress. Unfortunately, the game does not allow you to change it mid-game. Fortunately, with this workaround, you will be able to change the difficulty level in Sons of the Forest:
- You need to start by heading to the directory where your game is saved. In order to do that, follow this path –
- In this location, you need to locate the GameSetupSaveData.json file and open it via Notepad. Before you open it, we recommend you keep a backup of this file in case things go sideways.
- There will be a bunch of codes here and you need to locate the your difficulty mode. Say for instance, you started the game in Peaceful mode, look for Peaceful in the line of codes.
- Once you find it, replace Peaceful with the game level you want to play in and then save the file.
- Lastly, do the same for the GameStateSaveData.json file and then run Sons of the Forest.
That’s all there is on how to Change Difficulty Level in Sons of the Forest. While you are here, make sure you check out our other Sons of the Forest guides right here at Gamer Tweak.