If you are not happy with your class in Remnant 2 then you can change your Archetype or even use Multiclass. There are 5 different Archetypes in this game each giving you various perks that can dictate how you experience the game. So whether you like to take care of your enemies by sniping them from a safe distance, or prefer being a support and healing yourself and your allies. The game has you covered with classes Gunslinger and Medic to name a few. While you also have various weapons to choose from that can be equally important in combat. It would still be useful to know how you can unlock a second Archetype in Remnant 2 and how Multi-class works in this game.
How to Get Second Archetype in Remnant 2
To unlock all archetypes, you need to get their respective Engrams. Simply, go to Ward 13 and look for the vendors in the Hub. Each vendor will sell you the Engram for 1500 scraps. They are as follows:
- Medic Engram: Medic Pin from Dr. Norah (Town Doctor).
- Hunter Engram: Rusty Medal from Brabus (Arms Dealer).
- Handler Engram: Old Whistle from Mudtooth (Concoctions Vendor).
- Challenger Engram: Old Metal Tool from Reginald “Reggie” Malone (Consumable Vendor).
- Gunslinger: You unlock it by progressing through the main story of the game.
Now, go to Wallace, you can find him at the docs of Ward 13. Talk to him and he will give you the option to unlock another Archetype by using your Engram. To get the new class you will need:
- Any of the above mentioned Engrams
- Lumenite Crystal x10
- Scrap x1000
The above requirements are for 1 class, so you will need these many resources each time you want to unlock another one.
How to Change Archetypes or Use Multi-class in Remnant 2
- Open your Menu.
- Press LT/RT or L2/R2 and go to the Archetype section.
- Hover over your Prime Archetype.
- Click on it and swap it with another Archetype that you unlocked.
As for using Multiclass in the game, you have to reach level 10 for your primary Archetype. Once you reach that level the secondary Archetype will be available for you to use.
Do remember that you can only get the benefits of the Prime perk from your default class. Your secondary class will give you all the other features like skills, perks, & more as your primary class, just not the Prime perk.
Now, try swapping around your newly unlocked Archetypes and see which classes work best for you in Remnant 2. For more on this game be sure to check out our Remnant 2 section.