EA Sports has released Madden 23 onto multiple platforms. The new American football video game is another great addition to the long-running Madden NFL series. Though the game brings fresh changes compared to Madden 22, your goal to win games should remain the same. While winning games and touchdowns are a great feeling on their own, showboating is a different bragging right when you win. Especially if you are playing against a friend. In this guide, we will show you how to Celebrate and Showboat in Madden 23, including how to hit the Griddy.
How to Celebrate in Madden 23
As we mentioned earlier, Madden 23 has brought on some fresh changes and that does include the celebrations and the showboat. Since there are different celebrations, it might some time to get them correct if you are new. Veteran NFL players have nothing to worry about. Here’s how to Celebrate in Madden 23:
- Celebratory Dive – You need to be just a few yards away from the line to do this.
- For PS Users – Press and Hold Square near the line.
- For Xbox Users – Press and Hold X near the line.
- Celebrate Big Plays – This is applicable after a touchdown or a major interception, basically a big play. Press the prompt to celebrate keeping in mind that it is a timed move. After that, PS and Xbox Users can follow the steps below to select their choice of move to celebrate in the NFL.
- Dance – Flick the right analog stick towards the right.
- Spike – Flick the right analog stick towards the down.
- Signature – Flick the right analog stick towards the left.
- Swagger – Flick the right analog stick towards the upside.
Showboat Controls and Tips in NFL
Unlike Celebrate, Showboat is more like humiliating your opponent. The player you control will perform certain moves similar to dance steps before hitting the end zone. Here’s how to Showboat in Madden 23:
- For PS Users – Press L2 + R2 + X when closing in on the line.
- For Xbox Users – Press LT + RT + A when closing in on the line.
However, Showboat is a risky move as there is a chance that your opponent catches you down before a touchdown. If you plan on using a Showboat on your opponent, make sure you are close to the line and no defenders are closing in.
How to Hit the Griddy in Madden 23
Madden 23 players will also be excited by the addition of the Griddy celebration move. The dance move has been made quite famous and EA has added it to Madden 23. Here’s how to celebrate by hitting the Griddy in Madden 23:
- For PS Users – Press and Hold R2 and flick the right analog stick Up twice.
- For Xbox Users – Press and Hold RT and flick the right analog stick Up twice.