Minecraft is a survival game where one of the first things you are prompted to do is build a house. You may have started with a basic hut to survive the night. But as time progresses, it is impossible to avoid the urge to build your dream house. You may build it from scratch or use references from the internet. And what’s better than a fireplace to give your house a warm touch? Although if not built correctly, they can burn your house down. In this article, we will teach you to build a safe fireplace in your Minecraft house.
How to Build a Fireplace in Minecraft
As we previously mentioned, building a Minecraft fireplace can be tricky. You can burn yourself or the house if not built properly. You can build any desirable fireplace once you learn the basics. And that’s what we will instruct you in.
Materials Needed to Build a Fireplace
To build a fireplace you will need three things:
- Non-Flammable blocks (To surround the fireplace)
- Flint & Steel to create a fire
- Fuel for the fire
You can use several flammable blocks to create fire but they won’t last for long. We suggest you use Netherrack, as it can burn forever.
To build a fireplace:
- Select a place where you want the fireplace. We will build one against the wall but you can build it anywhere.
- Place a stair and an upside-down stair against the wall on either side of the fireplace.
- Place stone slabs above the upside-down stairs. This will be the hearth of the fireplace.
- Break the wall behind the fireplace so there are holes for Netherrack.
- Place the Netherrack in the fireplace and light it on fire.
- Build Cobblestone (or any stone) behind it so the fire is covered.
- Go back to the hearth and place an iron bar railing around it.
- Kick back and relax in front of your warm and crackling fireplace.
Where to Find Netherrack
Netherrack is found in abundance in the Nether. It can also be found in the blobs below a ruined portal. We suggest you use a high-efficiency pickaxe (Level 3).
How to get Flint & Steel
- The fastest way to get flint is by mining gravel.
- There is a 10% chance of flint dropping when you mine gravel.
- You can enhance your tool to increase the chances of gaining flint.
- We suggest you enchant your tool to Fortune 3, as there is a flat-out chance of getting flint.
- You will also require steel along with flint to light a fire.
- You will have to mine iron, which can be found underground, and some cobblestone for a furnace.
- You can create a furnace on a crafting table.
- Place the iron and some fuel in the furnace to smelt the iron.
- Once you have the iron ingot, place it in your 2×2 crafting inventory and place the flint opposite to it.
And there you have it. You can use it to light the fire in the fireplace.
We hope this fireplace helped you to bring a new aesthetic to your Minecraft home. If you are aiming for a cozy home, then having a pet isn’t a bad choice. Read our article on How to Get a Cat for your home. For more helpful guides on Minecraft, check out our Minecraft section.