Minecraft gives players the option of crafting a boat to travel via water bodies. The recipe for a boat is among the easiest ones available in this game. While there exists no specific upgrade per type of boat, each one travels at a speed dependent on the block. In this guide, we will outline the recipe to craft a boat. So follow the steps mentioned below and get your Minecraft voyage set to sail!
How to Build a Boat in Minecraft?
The recipe for building a boat though simple, still needs to follow instructions. The steps below will act as an easy guide for you. There are 2 arrangements that you can choose for crafting your boat, we’ve made a mention of both below:
- Open up your crafting table.
- This 3X3 grid will need to accommodate 5 pieces of plank wood.
- You can get wood pieces from logs that you will need to chop, and these will become planks once you drag them to your inventory
- You don’t need specific planks- Oak, Dark Oak, Acacia, Spruce, Jungle, Birch all will craft your boat with their name resulting in the corresponding shades.
- Carefully place 2 planks at either side of the first and third square in the top row and leave the middle square empty.
- Subsequently, place 3 planks in the middle row.
- Leave the final row empty.
- You can do this the other way as well, as long as you form a “U” spanning 2 rows in a 3X3.
- Remember, an inverse arrangement won’t fetch you a boat!
- Your boat is now ready.
- Drag your boat to the inventory to use it.
- When you reach a water-body, get your boat out and hold the use button to mount and use it.
That’s about it! As we told you, it’s really simple to craft a boat in Minecraft – building it won’t take you any effort and it’s pretty useful in-game as well. If you liked this guide and it helped you be sure to check out our other cool guides, tips & tricks, and informative reads relevant to the Minecraft universe!