OW2 is a fast-paced shooter game that requires quick reflexes and excellent aim, especially if you are playing on a console or with a controller on a PC. If you are not confident about your aiming, don’t worry, OW2 has some characters that can still allow you to be a useful member of the team. Here are some of the best Overwatch 2 heroes to play with a controller without needing extremely accurate aim.
Best Characters to Play With Controller in Overwatch 2
These are the Overwatch 2 heroes that can still work well even without a good aim because of their abilities. If you practice with them and master positioning and timing, you can prove to be a formidable force against enemies. The hit detection is slightly forgiving for these characters at the moment. Do note these are based on community feedback and my experience with these characters, so with that, let’s get right into it.
Best OW2 Tank Heroes for Controller
- D.va – Her Micro Missiles launch a barrage of explosive rockets that can deal significant damage to enemies. Plus, the short-range Fusion Cannons prove to be good spread weapons to tackle a crowd.
- Reinhardt – Reinhardt has abilities for which you don’t really need exceptional aiming. He can charge forward can smash an enemy into the wall and also launch fiery projectiles. To protect others on the team, he can deploy a barrier field that creates a large blue shield that other players can take cover behind.
Best Overwatch 2 DPS/Damage Heroes for Controller
- Reaper – While Reaper does need aiming skills, you can still play as him due to his teleportation ability, invulnerability, speed, and the Death Blossom where he goes ham on a group of opponents.
- Torbjörn – One of the best things about Torbjörn is that he can deploy a Turret that will passively kill enemies until they destroy it. You can repair your turret with your Forge Hammer to make it survive for long. Moreover, he can cause area damage by creating molten lava on the ground that damages multiple enemies that walk right into it.
- Junkrat – With Junkrat, you don’t need a perfect aim because the splash damage from your Frag launcher does the job for you. The best part is that you can catch enemies off guard with your concussion mine and steel trap even from a distance. The Rip-Tire ability will allow you to send a tire toward a crowd of enemies and explode it, leading to multi-kills. And if someone kills you and is nearby, you can get rid of them due to the bombs you drop on your death.
- Pharah – She can take down enemies with her explosive projectile weapon, use a blast to knock back enemies, launch a barrage of mini rockets and also fly/hover when needed. This is one of my top recommendations for those looking for the best Overwatch 2 characters to play with a controller.
Best OW2 Support Heroes for Controller
- Mercy – As Mercy, your main mission is to ensure everyone stays alive as long as possible, and if they die, you can revive them as well. Team up with an ally and use your Caduceus Staff to heal them consistently. Move around with your Guardian Angel, Angelic Descent, and Valkyrie abilities, and avoid getting shot at. As a support hero, she is a good pick for an Overwatch 2 character to play with a controller.
- Moira – Moira can instantly heal all allies in front of her via beams, create magical spheres to heal or damage nearby enemies and turn invisible and become invulnerable. If you master these abilities, you can even turn out to be one of the top players on your team.
Heroes that Need Good Aim on Controller
If you want to improve your aim, you can practice with the characters mentioned below in the Practice Range – but until you master them, they are best avoided in matches.
So that was all about the best Overwatch 2 heroes to play with a controller; those that don’t require precise aim and can still prove to be valuable to the team and lead it to a win. For more related to OW2, do check out our guides on Gamer Tweak.