Minecraft has a lot of weapons to choose from and with Enchantments, it makes it harder to choose as there can be multiple combinations of such weapons. If you do pick the crossbow as your main weapon then this guide will help you get the Best Crossbow Enchantments in Minecraft.
Best Minecraft Crossbow Enchantments
The Crossbow has five Enchantments and one Curse. The Enchantments you can put on a Crossbow are Mending, Unbreaking, Quick Charge, Multishot, and Piercing.
- Mending: This Enchantment repairs the durability of the item it is applied to. It takes two Exp Orbs to fix one durability point. The Maximum Level of Mending is I.
- Unbreaking: Unbreaking increases the durability of the item. It has a (100/(Level+1))% chance of consuming the durability point. It has a Maximum Level of III.
- Quick Charge: Quick Charge reduces the reload speed of the Crossbow. It reduces the reload speed by Level*0.25 seconds. It has a Maximum Level of III.
- Multishot: Multishot allows the Crossbow to fire 3 shots at once at the cost of one arrow. It consumes 3 durability points for Arrows and 9 for Firework Rockets. It has a Maximum Level of I.
- Piercing: Piercing allows the Crossbow to fire Arrows and Firework Rockets through Mobs doing piercing damage. It can hit through Level+1 Mobs. It has a Maximum Level of IV.
Which Crossbow Enchantments should you Use?
Here Multishot and Piercing are Mutually Exclusive Enchantments, so you cannot put both of them on the same Crossbow. I would recommend applying Mending, Unbreaking III, Quick Charge III, and Multishot. Mending and Unbreaking III will help your Crossbow not break and Quick Charge III will help you reload faster. The reason why I choose Multishot over Piercing as Multishot allows to hit more mobs at the same cost of one Arrow.
To use Piercing, you will need Mobs to stand one behind the other, which is rare. The benefit of running Multishot is you can spam Spectral Arrows with effects like Instant Damage on a wider area or even better Firework Rockets that do Explosive Area Damage. This effectively makes your Crossbow a force to be Reckoned with.